Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival 2013

Hey y'all,

Been out of the loop on the forum for a while, usual post divorce stuff last couple years have kept me busy to say the least. But the clouds are parting and got some good stuff coming my way, and wanted to let you know...if you happen to be going to Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival in April at Madison Square Garden... I'll be playing B3 April 13th with Jimmie Vaughan and also Dave Biller (phenomenal guitar player from here in Austin) on the big ol' main stage. Not sure if any of my organissimo brethren will be there, but if so, I'll be representin'!

Hey y'all,

Been out of the loop on the forum for a while, usual post divorce stuff last couple years have kept me busy to say the least. But the clouds are parting and got some good stuff coming my way, and wanted to let you know...if you happen to be going to Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival in April at Madison Square Garden... I'll be playing B3 April 13th with Jimmie Vaughan and also Dave Biller (phenomenal guitar player from here in Austin) on the big ol' main stage. Not sure if any of my organissimo brethren will be there, but if so, I'll be representin'!

Wow. Very cool, SS.

Hey y'all,

Major cool, and you'll maybe get to see Jeff Beck close up! Congrats on the gig, hope it goes great. Tell us about it afterwards.

Great achievement Soul Stream. Personally I find Jimmy Vaughan a little to far towards the Rockabilly spectrum on my Blues Rainbow to really have much of an interest per se. But one thing for sure, any guitarist will eventually come across those Crossroads performances one way or another, if you're a guitarist or got guitar friends, you'd have to be on the moon to avoid it.

Re- Jake Langley, I have come across his playing a lot in the YouTube universe, he is a great player and has a really earthy approach. One of my favourites who is not maybe so well known 'yet'.

By the way, did you ever come around to liking Blood Ulmer's playing on Accent On The Blues and Memphis To New York Spirit? I remember reading many years ago on the board how you would have preferred 'any' other guitarist on those sessions :D

They're some of my favourite Organ/Guitar recordings and I can't see how any Patton aficionado could see it any differently :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all,

Come on man, tell us about it!

It was pretty surreal....amazing all the way around!!! Kinda hard to even put it in words. Tried to upload some pics but the files were all too big it seems. I did meet Keith Richards among many others. It was pretty wild! Probably the best organ I ever played in my life too...amazing, as it was rented. An early 70's mint B3!

It was pretty surreal....amazing all the way around!!! Kinda hard to even put it in words. Tried to upload some pics but the files were all too big it seems. I did meet Keith Richards among many others. It was pretty wild! Probably the best organ I ever played in my life too...amazing, as it was rented. An early 70's mint B3!

Sounds like an experience of a lifetime.

It's gotta be cool to meet the English rock stars inside the legendary Garden or anywhere, even.

Very cool Mike. On the photos - if you have it, try opening them in MS Office Picture Manager. Then you can click "Edit" and choose 'compress" to get the photos to a size that is uploadable. Or of course you could use a photo hosting site and just link. ;)