pricing vinyl?

John B

Check eBay completed auctions.

Price Guides, like the formerly venerable Goldmine, are becoming less and less important, imo.

I completely agree. GOLDMINE lists a mono copy of Jackie McLean Destination Out at all of $30 so we can conclude that they're way off. (And that's the most recent edition.) I bought one to catalog value for my insurance and ended up throwing it away in a matter of days.

• 2 weeks later...

Price Guides, like the formerly venerable Goldmine, are becoming less and less important, imo.

I completely agree. GOLDMINE lists a mono copy of Jackie McLean Destination Out at all of $30 so we can conclude that they're way off. (And that's the most recent edition.) I bought one to catalog value for my insurance and ended up throwing it away in a matter of days.

I agree. This book is a waste of time for pricing Blue Note vinyl. I'd like to know where they got the $60-$80 valuations for original 47/63rd deep groove pressings of 'Soul Station' and 'Roll Call'.

;)

I completely agree. GOLDMINE lists a mono copy of Jackie McLean Destination Out at all of $30 so we can conclude that they're way off.

Yeah but Brandon, you know you were glad that Love Garden used it! ;)

I completely agree. GOLDMINE lists a mono copy of Jackie McLean Destination Out at all of $30 so we can conclude that they're way off.

Yeah but Brandon, you know you were glad that Love Garden used it! ;)

"Can it be that it was all so simple then....?"