Mosaic - Better To Me Than I Been To Myself

Ok, so I recently ordered the Pendulum Select b/c it's life was almost up, and I didn't want it THAT bad, but, hey, maybe it would be nice enough, right?

So...

The box comes in the mail, I open it up, and 'allo guvner wot's THIS, eh? It's the ToshikoTabackin set instead. Hmmm...what to do?

E-mail Mosaic of course.

And they are SO sorry, here's what they will do:

Our apologies and we will ship Pendulum.

As a token of our apologies we will offer the Akiyoshi set at 50% discount or we will send return postage with the Pendulum shipment plus a $10 gift card.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Fred

Well hell yeah Fred, let me get 2-for-1.5 ANY day of that or any other week!

So they ship Pendulum and charge 50% off, just as promised (more or less, the numbers are the same). And it got here. All is well now.

Funny thing is, I'm liking the ToshikoTabackin set more than I expected (it's my first time hearing March Of The Tadpoles, and woahYAY-AH about that!), and the Pendulum about as much as expected. So the error worked in my favor both personally and financially, and hopefully to theirs in terms of Business Karma.

So next time, tell'em Fred sent ya', because Fred RULZ.

Seems I will have to get the Akiyoshi-Tabackin as soon as funds allow ....

Yes, you will. :) It's a great set.

Yes, I had heard 3 of the four albums individually over the years, and I always liked them more than loved them.

But - hearing them as a set like this, you can hear the band grow from offering just really competent executions of some really unique charts to having a voice of its own and actually speaking those charts. and by the time you get to March Of The Tadpoles, there is an edge, a bite, if you will, setting in that the earlier albums don't always have. That's when you know you got a real big band, when you get one that bites.

That bite matters, because Toshiko's writing is typically very dense and diffuse at the same time (if that makes any sense), and maybe it took the band that long to get it all into focus and find the music's inner voice, to get past playing these freakin' hardass charts correctly into actually being able to summon the spirits within and then commune with them. But they did, and then, hey, yes, please.

Good story!

Especially since I thought someone mentioned a while back that Mosaic had outsourced it's shipping dept.

I heard from a source that they had down gone down from 10 working in the warehouse and shipping dept to 2.

That might explain the error.

Good story!

Especially since I thought someone mentioned a while back that Mosaic had outsourced it's shipping dept.

I heard from a source that they had down gone down from 10 working in the warehouse and shipping dept to 2.

That might explain the error.

Hey Art Salt, welcome to the board!