The Ashes Are Underway.

There was an article in this morning's Wall St. Journal about the guy batting eleventh and having such a good day.

To say that he exceeded expectations would be the understatement of the year !

Broad walks like an Aussie!

This being an Ashes test, you expect neither team to give a quarter - so I don't know what the fuss is about.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing Test so far. It should play out to a predictable English win around Lunch tomorrow. But you never know with this game.

Aussies more competitive than I thought they would be, but all the responsibility has been thrown back onto 'the kid' again. If couldn't possibly do it twice?

Hoping now for a great battle over the next 4 games and then again over here in Summer.

If it's not Test cricket......It's just not cricket

There was an article in this morning's Wall St. Journal about the guy batting eleventh and having such a good day.

To say that he exceeded expectations would be the understatement of the year !

Broad walks like an Aussie!

This being an Ashes test, you expect neither team to give a quarter - so I don't know what the fuss is about.

It was a pretty 'thickish' outside edge :rofl:

I think Broad was already walking until the split second he realised 'hang on a minute, this bloke thinks I missed it'.

Unbelievable Test Match.

Lunch and Australia need only 20 runs, but with 1 wicket left.

Had to turn off at lunch. I feared the worst. But yes, another unbelievable match, up there with the last 4 2005 tests and Cardiff in 2009. And the Brisbane 2006 disaster.

Edited by rdavenport

Great match. What irony that the last decision was a DRS.

Australia have certainly overturned a few preconceptions with this performance. I'm still not sure that their top five is strong enough to post the bigger totals but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Changes in both teams expected by thursday. Finn surely to be dropped by England - I hope they give Onions a chance.

I wish Peterson would get his batting act together. ;) It will be an interesting day's cricket today - I wonder if the Australian's will be able to build on Siddel's fine bowling spell late yesterday and if Joe Root can build a decent innings.

Edited by sidewinder

• 3 weeks later...

I went out when the teams were at tea and came back expecting Australia to have won...what a lovely surprise to learn that Broad had bundled them out and that we were 3-0 up!

I still think there's not a great deal to choose between the two teams. We've won this series but it will be interesting to see whether/how Australia can come back in time for when we're out there in the winter.

I reckon it's these two countries that are keeping Test Cricket alive. Without England and Australia and probably South Africa, all we'd be seeing is the crash-bang-wallop of 20-over cricket.

Edited by Head Man