RIP Tim Hauser (?)

medjuck

Wow! I am very shocked and saddened to learn this news. I confess there are tears in my eyes. I absolutely love the Manhattan Transfer and have since I was a kid and watched them on their brief summer replacement TV series. I saw them perform 3 or 4 times over the years and they were ALWAYS a class act, able to keep their material fresh-sounding even though many of the song they must have performed hundreds (if not thousands) of times. Plus, they seemed to actually enjoy being around each other, and how many musical groups can say that after 40+ years?

I cannot imagine the Man Tran continuing without Mr. Hauser. He may not have been the most impressive singer in the group, but his musical direction and influence on the group were large. It might be possible to find another vocalist to sing his parts, but no one could actually replace him in the group. Bot Janis Siegel and Cheryl Bentyne have recorded several solo projects, so they may continue singing on their own.

RIP, Mr. Hauser. I greatly appreciated the music you gave us.

http://youtu.be/60X7pdackxc