A Slice of the Top

Jazzmoose

I'm with those who really dig this one. But in a battle of wits I'm afraid I'd probably lose. ^_^

Speaking of CD audio pseudo-tweaks, years ago I picked up one of those Keith Jarrett trio discs (used) that had those "CD rings" glued to the perimeter of the disc. Never noticed any difference in that good ol' ECM sound and I don't think they make those rings anymore. I wonder if I can get a premium for that disc on Ebay? :lol:

re: Spaulding or Higgins? You're wrong either way.

Both!!! :tup:tup:tup

I think Higgins is particularly inspired, whereas Spaulding sounds like he's trying to blow all the wax outta his alto. I'll grant you that his flute playing on the second track (name escapes me) is sublime. But beyond that, he sounds like he's trying to out-Ornette Ornette!

Me wrong? Man, that's the first time this hour! :D

re: Spaulding or Higgins?  You're wrong either way.

Both!!! :tup:tup:tup

I think Higgins is particularly inspired, whereas Spaulding sounds like he's trying to blow all the wax outta his alto. I'll grant you that his flute playing on the second track (name escapes me) is sublime. But beyond that, he sounds like he's trying to out-Ornette Ornette!

Oh my fuck. We're due for another beer I guess.

I listened to this at work today, and it only confirms what I think about this album, and in fact, I'm even gonna back off my statement about Spaulding's alto. Still taking some gettin' used to, but at least it sounds good within its context.

And Billy Higgins, once again, is THE MAAAAAAAN!!!!

Green rings? I don't know if you guys have tried this, but I use a green permanent sharpie to "color in" the outside rings of my CDs...keeps 'em tracking well, haven't had a skip since I started doing it!

:P

:lol:

I find that if I draw green circles around my eyes, old video tapes are far less likely to have tracking errors. But I get some really strange looks from people... :wacko: