Alexander Hawkins Trio

Alexander Hawkins

Just dl that. Looking forward to it.

You need to make a fuss of this too:

61ZgcR18wML._SS280.jpg

Had a very nice Sunday afternoon listening to the album. Enjoyed both discs thoroughly. Will be following up Roberto Ottaviano (who pops up already in various nooks and crannies).

I'm after a physical copy of this. i think I'll try the label directly once I've worked out how to navigate their Italian only website.

This should be on the way to me from the label. As Flurin describes elsewhere email the label and they reply ( in English) and sent me a Paypal request for the cost+shipping. Hopefully the disc should be here soon. The Trio disc is outstanding. What for me started as a desire to support a fellow O member has developed in fully fledged and unashamed fan-boy status. Perhaps the latter has been obvious for some time in my postings but for those who haven't sampled Alex's output the new trio disc is as good a place as any to start.

You shall enjoy it, it's excellent - both discs!

Some reviews beginning to come in with the release date being Monday - thank you to John Fordham in The Guardian for this: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/09/alexander-hawkins-trio-review

Also just to say that if anyone happens to be in London this coming Monday, we're playing at Cafe Oto that night: https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/alexander-hawkins-trio/

...we'd love to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Just dl that. Looking forward to it.

You need to make a fuss of this too:

61ZgcR18wML._SS280.jpg

Had a very nice Sunday afternoon listening to the album. Enjoyed both discs thoroughly. Will be following up Roberto Ottaviano (who pops up already in various nooks and crannies).

I'm after a physical copy of this. i think I'll try the label directly once I've worked out how to navigate their Italian only website.

This should be on the way to me from the label. As Flurin describes elsewhere email the label and they reply ( in English) and sent me a Paypal request for the cost+shipping. Hopefully the disc should be here soon. The Trio disc is outstanding. What for me started as a desire to support a fellow O member has developed in fully fledged and unashamed fan-boy status. Perhaps the latter has been obvious for some time in my postings but for those who haven't sampled Alex's output the new trio disc is as good a place as any to start.

You shall enjoy it, it's excellent - both discs!

I've been enjoying this set for the past few days. Both discs are excellent. It's up on Spotify but I'm happier to have the discs. After listening to the duo disc (disc 2) I put on Lacy/Evans "Paris Blues" (Owl). Ottaviano is closer to Lacy than Alex is to Evans or Waldron. In fairness to Ottaviano this is my first exposure so I'm not at all familiar to his sound/ conception. The 2 CD comes nicely presented in a digipak and is produced to a very high standard. Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

This has been living in my CD player/disc changer for a while now. This means that recently I have been listening to it as the next CD in the queue. Today, I wanted to listen to disc six of the Heavyweight Champion while cooking/eating, and since the Coltrane has ended (along with the cooking and eating), I have been enjoying this CD quite a bit. I really need to get out of here and take care of some matters, but I can't pull away.

• 5 months later...