Post a Landscape/Cityscape Pic

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric-Ravilious-The-Westbu-008.jpg?w=1200

Went to the Ravilious exhibition in London last weekend - quite wonderful. Particularly taken by this picture of one of my favourite parts of Britain (it shows the Westbury White Horse carved into the chalk dip slope on one of the beautifully curvaceous hills in Wiltshire). 

North-Coast-500-Scotland--008.jpg?w=700&

"Take the high road … Loch Maree seen from the North Coast 500 route. Photograph: Steve Carter"

510d5c28-cf18-420b-898c-d1df2f9c0e2a-102

This is lovely... "The northern lights over the coast of Caithness. Photograph: Graham Mackay"

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015/aug/23/scotland-north-coast-500-road-trip

Good article about a drive along the coast of Scotland. I once did a bit of this from Skye to Ullapool and it was spectacular. 

Went to the Ravilious exhibition in London last weekend - quite wonderful. Particularly taken by this picture of one of my favourite parts of Britain (it shows the Westbury White Horse carved into the chalk dip slope on one of the beautifully curvaceous hills in Wiltshire). 

Nice one - never seen that picture before but often checked out that view from there. There's an iron age hill fort (Bratton Castle) at that spot and the village of Eddington just below (plus a cement works creating smoke in place of the train)

Edited by sidewinder

Nice one - never seen that picture before but often checked out that view from there. There's an iron age hill fort (Bratton Castle) at that spot and the village of Eddington just below (plus a cement works creating smoke in place of the train)

Where Alfred beat the Vikings! 

Ravilious seemed quite keen on those horses:

ravilious_in_pictures17_1024x1024.jpg?v=

N05164_10.jpg

There's also the really famous one viewed from inside the railway carriage. 

On a different subject I was really taken by this one:

RaviliousWiltshire-Landscape.jpg

His paintings from his period as a war artist in WWII are fascinating too. 

Edited by A Lark Ascending