Post a Landscape/Cityscape Pic

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't hazard a guess, but that's a cool photo! ;)

Thanks, jb! :)

attachicon.gifcity scape 30.jpg

city scape

Guess which city..

Cambridge? Oxford? Milton Keynes?

I took the picture myself. It is in Amsterdam. I didn't dare to go closer to him, but he was clearly not afraid. He likes the surroundings of bikes it seems and there are LOTS there. So, is the heron common to be as tame in Britain as this one? Sorry ,since I took the pic with my phone, it isn't really a good picture. Pigeons are usually more tame, bold even, but this heron was fun to watch.

city scape

Guess which city..

I took the picture myself. It is in Amsterdam. I didn't dare to go closer to him, but he was clearly not afraid. He likes the surroundings of bikes it seems and there are LOTS there. So, is the heron common to be as tame in Britain as this one? Sorry ,since I took the pic with my phone, it isn't really a good picture. Pigeons are usually more tame, bold even, but this heron was fun to watch.

Don't see many herons, though I saw one in Cornwall by a canal a few years back. They are rumoured to raid fish ponds.

You should make your own cornbread, you really should. But for those times when that's not gonna happen, this is the one acceptable substitute, in Denton, gotten to by one of the non-college exits off 35, and juuuuussssstt on "the right side of the tracks" quite literally. The tracks that the trains use for Morrison's shipments are THE tracks in Denton.

3478859706_5bf3bcc271_b.jpg

city scape

Guess which city..

Don't see many herons, though I saw one in Cornwall by a canal a few years back. They are rumoured to raid fish ponds.

Last one I saw was feeding in a ditch right in front of HMS Heron ! (shore establishment)

Edited by sidewinder

city scape

Guess which city..

Last one I saw was feeding in a ditch right in front of HMS Heron ! (shore establishment)

I see quite a lot of them out here where I live. Although ones as bold as this one I don't run into so often. I took the picture since I hadn't expected one there; especially not at a square without water in the middle of the city. I've seen them on market places waiting for the fish left overs too there, but not surrounded by bikes. On the countryside, where I live, they are a little streams or just flying over. They are so big when they spread those wings.

Edited by page