Patrick Macnee, R.I.P.

Oh my goodness.  The Avengers ranked right up there with Batman, Wild, Wild West and Get Smart! as my favorite TV shows as a kid.  I was just watching a couple of episodes on DVD earlier this week.  It is a show which still holds up well.

May Mr. Macnee rest in peace.  I wonder if his final words were --

4814894555_ebd6381834.jpg

bowler.jpg

Apart from the fact that Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg were my childhood heroes (and still are), the theme tunes to The Avengers were great. The first was by John Dankworth (the series with Macnee and Honor Blackman), a very good theme which appeared on JD's The Roulette Years album, the second more famous theme was by Laurie Johnson (who also wrote The Professionals theme). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBM8GmCYcNI

R.I.P. Mr Macnee / Steed

Loved The Avengers as a kid.  Always enjoyed Macnee's witty performances. Like everyone else had a crush on Diana Rigg/Emma Peel, but maybe even more so on Emma's Lotus sports car.  Always wanted one. I believe Steed drove a Rolls? or Bentley? 

Edited by Leeway