• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, BillF said:

s-l1200.webp

👍 Mel Lewis is wonderful on this recording.

Now:

Primary

I see a lot of people at various sites have given this 5 stars. I don't hear it like that at all. I like Sonny, but 3 stars maybe. 

4 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Gil Evans “Out of the Cool” Acoustic Sounds Verve Series Verve Impulse LP.

Got this for “free” and shipping. Sounds great.

aaf1351379e71f39c71d359aa43c439f79be90b8

👍

Edited by John Tapscott

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Likely the same transfer as the 2013 Blu-Spec CD2 release ....

Yes it may be, so far to me it appears to be a reissue of the Wilder mastering on this release (contains the two bonus tracks as well) linked below, as well as the Quintet box set, doesn't sound like a DSD mastering to me, but I need to do more research and comparisons.

https://www.discogs.com/release/7335121-Miles-Davis-Sorcerer

A number of the Miles releases from this "We Love Jazz" batch seem to be reissues of Wilder US cds.

This big batch contains Miles titles that have never been Blu-Spec CD2 before and many that were never Blu-Spec CD either, and those that were given the Blu-Spec treatment before that I have been able to compare are actually different masterings used than before. Which leads me to believe this may not be the same mastering as the 2013 Blu-Spec CD2 which I don't think I have handy to compare.

Edited by jazzbo

8 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Yes it may be, so far to me it appears to be a reissue of the Wilder mastering on this release (contains the two bonus tracks as well) linked below, as well as the Quintet box set, doesn't sound like a DSD mastering to me, but I need to do more research and comparisons.

https://www.discogs.com/release/7335121-Miles-Davis-Sorcerer

A number of the Miles releases from this "We Love Jazz" batch seem to be reissues of Wilder US cds.

This big batch contains Miles titles that have never been Blu-Spec CD2 before and many that were never Blu-Spec CD either, and those that were given the Blu-Spec treatment before that I have been able to compare are actually different masterings used than before. Which leads me to believe this may not be the same mastering as the 2013 Blu-Spec CD2 which I don't think I have handy to compare.

Thnx for your thoughts ....

5e4e8ce4ed8feb1dc3e18abf499cff90c8efcf0c
Miles Davis “Water Babies” Sony Blu-Spec CD2 Japan 2023

Music that has been with me since 1976. I keep finding bits to discover and enjoy in these selections. One bonus cut on this disc, indicating it is a reissue of the US cd release mastering.

I love this Corky McCoy cover. When I was a kid in Philadelphia one of our neighborhood Dads would open up the fire hydrant every few weeks in the summer and we would frolic in the street until the City would come and turn it off. Sometimes I was the kid in clothes watching the fun unhappily as I was not allowed to participate. . . depended which parent was home. :wink: