Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Again with some of my very special favourites. Didn´t know about it, the only thing I have is "Red Clay", as it seems this must be something similar. Well, I´m not really a great guitar fan or George Benson fan, but sure, and with Henderson, Hancock, Ron, Jack DeJohnette, what could be wrong ? 

Gheorghe, I think Straight Life is fantastic, right up there with Red Clay among Freddie's best of the Seventies.  Give it a listen!  I bet you'll love it too.  :)

NP:

tambatrio~~_tambatrio_101b.jpg

Tamba Trio - S/T (RCA Brazil, 1975)

Edited by HutchFan

1 hour ago, Peter Friedman said:

41WE84ZjlVL._UX250_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg.webp

Dave Cliff is an old friend whom I've known since he was a student on the pioneering jazz course at Leeds College of Music in the 1960s where tutor Peter Ind was a big influence on him. I was a student at Leeds University at the time. 

8 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

👍 😁

One of the timeless  'classics'  bought many years ago and still listening to it

Agreed. When Peter Ind was tutoring at Leeds College of Music in the sixties, he took me to meet Lennie at the Harrogate Festival.

Edited by BillF

Next up:

Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

Don Menza - First Flight (Catalyst, 1977)

I have the Fresh Sound reissue First Flight: Complete Recordings -- but the reissue producers re-arranged the track sequencing and screwed up the musical flow of the original album.  The good news is that in this digital world it's no big deal.  I just made a playlist that matches the original LP's sequence of cuts.  Ahhh . . . That's so much better.