Back Together Again

Jazzmoose

First off, I have to agree with Hans: in general the drums/percussion part is too loud. On some tracks it's quite okay, but on a track like Back Together... (tr. 3) I notice too much drums and too little saxophone.

I enjoyed my first exposure to Drake's drumwork so much, I disagreed with you at first. However, having just listened to Fred Anderson's Back at the Velvet Lounge for the first time, I can understand your point. I can't believe I'm just discovering these two artists. God, I love this music... :wub:

I just read that the Milford Graves/John Zorn duets from Zorn's 50th birthday series have been released on TZADIK. I have a recording of the two at FIMAV 1999 and am a big fan of Milford Graves drumming. I thought this might be of interest to some here. Definitely a different drummer, a different saxophonist as well.

Well, for someone like me who is just getting his feet wet in the current free jazz scene, it's a godsend! I've picked up quite a few gems that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. The younger posters there are definitely teaching this old dog (okay, middle-aged dog, Chuck!) a few new tricks!

Well, for someone like me who is just getting his feet wet in the current free jazz scene, it's a godsend! I've picked up quite a few gems that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. The younger posters there are definitely teaching this old dog (okay, middle-aged dog, Chuck!) a few new tricks!

Younger posters? Surely not all of 'em...

Guest Chaney

:g

Younger? Yea, sure! Hans, you and I are just kids! :D

Must be referring to those... other ones.

Young at heart, I guess.

Edited by Chaney