"Shaw Nuff" intro

Larry Kart

No doubt many of you are familiar with the jaunty quasi-Spanish phrases that so perfectly introduce the theme of  “Shaw Nuff” —

and that recur at the end of the piece. Does anyone know where they come from? Those phrases sound so tip-of--my-tongue familiar to me that I'm sure that I first heard them long before I heard "Shaw Nuff" and that they're quoted from elsewhere and are not an invention of Parker and Gillespie.    I’ve always thought that the source was “Carmen” or some other popular work by Bizet -- say “ L’ Arlesienne”  — but after scouting around  in both of those places I’ve turned up nothing, Any ideas?

of course , that intro...... we always played it when we performed "Shaw Nuff". Maybe the inspiration is from some movie with south of the border, or Spanish or Near East references....? But listen to Night in Tunisia, also by Diz.....maybe it was some mode than to introduce a bit orientalic flair.....
You also have that tinge in "Dee Dee´s Dance" composed by Denzil Best. And don´t forget the intro of Klactoveedsteene....