USB Turntables

Ken Dryden

What is your budget here?

WhatFI reported on this in February: https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-usb-turntables-budget-to-premium-vinyl-spinners

They did not include the Denon DP-450USB turntable, most likely due to it's higher price.

Also, I am pretty sure that all of these USB turntables require you to hook it up to a PC and run a recording app to make your mp3 files. If you want some sort of "plug & play" or in this case, "plug & record", I don't think you're going to get that.

I added a CD recorder to my hi-fi setup (a Tascam CD-RW900MKII).  I record the LP onto that, then edit and transfer the music on my computer.  If you don't need a turntable at home, that might be the best way to go.  You could simply record the tracks you need onto the CDR disc, and play it at the station from there.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have several thousand LPs, many of which were not reissued on CD, or the CD is out of print and I didn't replace it. I am not really interested in dubbing entire albums to CD, at this point, I already have that ability, since I own two Tascam CD recorders (CD-RW900SL + CD-RW901MKII), one hooked up to the stereo components, the other sitting next to my iMac.

I have a Turntable for the some LPs I still have and it has USB so I save them on an USP stick and play it while driving longer distances. 
My Turntabele is a DENON like all my stuff, my CD-Player and Tuner. 

I saw that my Yamaha pianola also as an USP, but never tried it, maybe I could record something I play.....