Transferring music files (Windows Media Player) to Apple Music

Milestones

I am working on rebuilding from scratch (or nearly so).  Any more effort to recover what I had on the external HD just seems like wasted energy.

I blame HP more than Apple, and there is the fact that I had a virus and maybe that affected the external HD.

Sometime in the near future I will start a thread on using Apple Music.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not recommend re-using that old external HD unless you run some memory tests on it first. Files can also get corrupted if the drive starts to fail. Not all drives fail catastrophically.

I've bought 4 Samsung T7 1TB SSD drives over the years and not had any problems (fingers crossed as I type this): https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Portable-SSD-1TB-MU-PC1T0T/dp/B0874XN4D8

Just a general note about the Music app...

It's terrible compared to iTunes!. They really screwed up in the transition from iTunes to Music.

If you just want to play your music I guess it's ok (although there are some weird peculiarities to do with the 'up next' queue)

I suspect most users just download music from Apple Music and play it. They will probably be satisfied.

If, like me though, you transferred music from iTunes and do a lot of metadata and playlist editing, it is truly awful.

It is as slow as molasses and full of bugs.