Urgent help needed. Help identify the cats in this video.

Dmitry

I can score a pair of tickets to the Side Door this weekend, if I name the most people in this video.

Here's who I go so far:

Bobby Watson

Christos Rafalides

Javon Jackson

?

?

Jimmy Greene

Nocole Zuraitis

Bill Charlap

?

Jonathan Barber

Ken Peplowski

?

?

Maurice Robinson

?

?

?

?

Peter Bernstein

?

?

Brian Charette

15 minutes ago, Justin V said:

I spotted Joe Farnsworth (singing with brushes!), Lenny White, Mike LeDonne, Nat Reeves, Rick Germanson and Warren Wolf.

My man! I bow to your knowledge!

At 6:40, the cat at the piano has what looks like rubber bands on all of his fingers. Is this some piano players work-out trick? Never seen that before.

13 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

My man! I bow to your knowledge!

At 6:40, the cat at the piano has what looks like rubber bands on all of his fingers. Is this some piano players work-out trick? Never seen that before.

that's pianist Noah Berman - he has a muscular condition - I don't remember what it's called - and those are to help his hands somehow.

5 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I can score a pair of tickets to the Side Door this weekend, if I name the most people in this video.

Here's who I go so far:

Bobby Watson

Christos Rafalides

Javon Jackson

?

?

Jimmy Greene

Nocole Zuraitis

Bill Charlap

?

Jonathan Barber

Ken Peplowski

?

?

Maurice Robinson

?

?

?

?

Peter Bernstein

?

?

Brian Charette

Thanks for the tips!  You helped me fill in the blanks, and I just won a pair of tickets!

1 hour ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Thanks for the tips!  You helped me fill in the blanks, and I just won a pair of tickets!

Blistering barnacles! The impostor! 

I keep thinking if the two bass players that haven’t been identified yet; they look old enough to be known.

The Side Door bamboozled me. They were supposed to announce the winner by noon on Friday, and responded to my message more than a day later, on Saturday at 6:30PM, telling me that I had the tickets for the show that would start in a hour. I feel violated and wronged. Only a new set of free tickets and drink vouchers will change my mind. Side-swiped by the Side Door...

8 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

The Side Door bamboozled me. They were supposed to announce the winner by noon on Friday, and responded to my message more than a day later, on Saturday at 6:30PM, telling me that I had the tickets for the show that would start in a hour. I feel violated and wronged. Only a new set of free tickets and drink vouchers will change my mind. Side-swiped by the Side Door...

What did you end up doing instead?

21 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

What did you end up doing instead?

Fixed the rear brakes on my son's bicycle (really my bike that somehow is now his. Squatters rights, I guess.), put up the wire mesh chicken fence around our vegetable garden (plastic fencing turned out to be no match for the rabbits, they chewed neat oversized passageways in several strategic places), saw a FB ad for jazz albums, went out and bought a NJ address 1958 pressing of Cookin' in tremendous visual condition. Haven't played it yet.

How about yourself, anything interesting other than the trip to the Side Door?

On 7/9/2023 at 11:02 AM, Dmitry said:

That's bush league. :angry:

5 minutes ago, Justin V said:

That's bush league. :angry:

Justin, I'm obviously not violated...well, not by the Side Door anyway. :D  I think they may have had a couple of slow seller acts for those two nights, and tried to fill the room by having this contest. I was probably the only one who responded. Still, it's somewhat less than professional of whoever was in charge of that.

Teasing, I forgot to mention that we have been watching the dvds of all the seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm in order, pretty much every night for the past couple of weeks. Our library system has so many dvds and it's very easy to order them right from their app. Never heard of that Lumet title...just ordered it from the library. :D His THE VERDICT is one of favorites, since I was a teenager.

22 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

I didn't go either.  We ordered Mexican takeout and then watched Sidney Lumet's Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, which I highly recommend.

Well, it's a good thing our 15 y.o. decided not to join us at the tv yesterday night. The first few minutes would've been rather uncomfortable for us as a family. We did have a lively debate as to Marisa Tomei's breasts. I thought they were youthful and perky, my wife was insistent that they were fixed. Naturally, we had to roll back those frames for closer scrutiny, but still reached no consensus. What do you think? 

2 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Well, it's a good thing our 15 y.o. decided not to join us at the tv yesterday night. The first few minutes would've been rather uncomfortable for us as a family. We did have a lively debate as to Marisa Tomei's breasts. I thought they were youthful and perky, my wife was insistent that they were fixed. Naturally, we had to roll back those frames for closer scrutiny, but still reached no consensus. What do you think? 

I did not have a specific opinion on this.  My only complaint with the film was that I did not at all like Thomas Newman's score.  It called attention to itself and did not seem to support the narrative.

12 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

I did not have a specific opinion on this.  My only complaint with the film was that I did not at all like Thomas Newman's score.  It called attention to itself and did not seem to support the narrative.

We still have 30 mins till the ending. I didn’t pay attention to the score. Will report back. So far the most intriguing character is the androgynous drug dealer in a high-rise apartment. 

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

We still have 30 mins till the ending. I didn’t pay attention to the score. Will report back. So far the most intriguing character is the androgynous drug dealer in a high-rise apartment. 

Lumet was 82 when he made this movie!  Feels like an independent film buy a young rebel.

Finished it. I don't dislike the score. It's very film-noir'ish. Are you sure it's Thomas Newman? Titles had another composer, initials C.B., I think; Colum Bannister or something like that?

7 hours ago, medjuck said:

Lumet was 82 when he made this movie!  Feels like an independent film buy a young rebel.

It did look like an independent film in parts! 

SPOILER ALERT Couple of things I didn't care for - nurse telling the old man to hit reset on the heart monitor (like he would know what to do?! that was realy lame), cop left the hospital room where the older son was held (murder suspect) and he was not handcuffed to the bed (standard procedure), which I thought would've been much cooler, writhing, cuffs sliding up and down the bed rail while daddy was holding a pillow over his face. Pillow was a murder weapon once, and accessory to murder twice. Plus the pillows were featured in several sex scenes and on the drug dealer's bed. Pretty good film overall, although I didn't care for the title. Thanks for the rec! Really liked Marisa Tomei!

4 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Finished it. I don't dislike the score. It's very film-noir'ish. Are you sure it's Thomas Newman? Titles had another composer, initials C.B., I think; Colum Bannister or something like that?

Sorry, you're right.  Carter Burwell.  I didn't think there was anything noirish about the score.  Different strokes.

Watched Sidney Lumet's The Verdict again, this time with our children, who were both impressed and affected. I now have a less positive opinion of the script by David Mamet. I haven't read Barry Read's eponymous novel, but the script could've been a lot tighter, and is chock full of Mamet'isms (the monotone sentences with repeating punchlines, like, "But I wanted to be a nurse. Yes, I wanted to be a nurse! Who are these men to deny me?! Why are they?!".
I give the film a B-. Newman, brilliant James Mason and Jack Warner pull it off. Johnny Mandel's score is tremendous! I also liked looking at the streetscapes of Boston and NY. It's amazing how literally everything has changed in just 40 years, from dress fashions to personalities.