Don Pullen-Milford Graves at Yale: Big Bucks

Mark Stryker

7 hours ago, JSngry said:

Shepp seems to have been very publicity conscious. Seems like he was "always available".

Never underestimate the power of flattery. It's a game to be played, one of many games. 

Roswell Rudd told me that Shepp was so popular in France that people were naming babies after him,

On 7/25/2023 at 5:49 PM, Mark Stryker said:

This copy with a hand-painted cover is up to $6,100 in bidding at Carolina Soul. Anybody know how many of these were pressed or anything about the cover? I'm curious as to why the insane bidding...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204404362114?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=e90001.m43.l1123&plmtId=700008&mesgId=3024&mkcid=8&ch=osgood&bu=44356787009&trkId=0a776638-7c2c-4019-9dd8-e32ef66cf5b9&cnvId=700003&recoId=204404362114&recoPos=1

About time I actually posted something after months of lurking.

I have a copy of the standard issue (without the handpainted cover) that I think is worth around $750.  I used to run a record mail order in the UK in the mid 70s to early 80s and even by then both versions were impossible to find, although we could get sometimes get copies the second volume - Nommo.  My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think there were only a few hundred pressed of the Yale concert. 

Edited by CrabAlley

8 hours ago, CrabAlley said:

About time I actually posted something after months of lurking.

I have a copy of the standard issue (without the handpainted cover) that I think is worth around $750.  I used to run a record mail order in the UK in the mid 70s to early 80s and even by then both versions were impossible to find, although we could get sometimes get copies the second volume - Nommo.  My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think there were only a few hundred pressed of the Yale concert. 

Welcome!