Jefferson Airplane reissues

bertrand

Well, the J A Loves You box set is pretty good for the band itself. I've no interest in Starship (outisde Blow Against) and I've got the side projects I need.

B, Thirty Seconds may not be great. Everyone says Long John sucks and I got it recently and quite like it. I always did quite like it. I can't remember Thirty Seconds though. .. probably rolled too man and lit them. But I'd like to get an affordable cd copy to complete my Airplane collection. All I see for sale though are expensive imports. Who knows, I might like it quite a bit. Stranger things happen.

Lon, if I could burn you a copy of my LP, I would. That late edition of JA always sounded bloated and sluggish to me without the charm of the earlier group. Barbata didn't have a light enough touch on drums and I never did "get" Papa John Creach (w/the Airplane, that is). I'm sure he was a fine musician, but for me it never worked.

As for "Long John", same problem. I've still got the vinyl, though - including a second SEALED version. Well described by AMG: "When the LP hit store shelves in the summer of 1972, it became instantly notorious for the cover that transformed into a cigar (read: stash) box. The inner sleeve went as far as reproducing the image of tightly compressed domestic ganja, replete with sticks, seeds and stems."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll find a cd copy eventually.

I always dug Creach with JA. .. he added an element of surprise mostly, and all his stuff fit in one way or another, sometimes just gliding over chaos. He makes Silver for me, that and the lyrics on that lp. It's better than I remembered, listening to it now, surely not a masterpiece but better than many another rock lps; the RCA cd sounds pretty good.