2023/24 NBA Hoops &Hollers

JSngry

Celtic fan since the 1960’s when I listened under the covers with a transistor radio. Thrilled with the changes to this year’s team. OTOH, this core better be good enough because they will be in cap jail when they extend Jrue Holiday. I can hardly believe I don’t miss Marcus Smart.

• JSngry changed the title to 2023/24 NBA Hoops &Hollers
On 12/26/2023 at 5:20 AM, Tom in RI said:

Celtic fan since the 1960’s when I listened under the covers with a transistor radio. Thrilled with the changes to this year’s team. OTOH, this core better be good enough because they will be in cap jail when they extend Jrue Holiday. I can hardly believe I don’t miss Marcus Smart.

Johnny Most 🎤

Still a fan of the team in Cleveland. Definitely a different experience watching a bunch of young guys learn how to play together rather than bask in the glory of LeBron (and note the rate at which a score margin would deteriorate while he sat on the bench). Didn't know much about Donovan Mitchell prior to his arrival. Feared he was a bit of a chucker, but he isn't (most of the time), and actually is a leader. Evan Mobley has been a bit of a disappointment in terms of his development this season. And now no Garland or Mobley until at least February, so they will struggle to avoid the play in. And Donovan probably doesn't sign an extension. But for now, just enjoying the process. Looks like they may be accepting volunteers to be in the guard rotation tonight in Dallas.

15 hours ago, Patrick said:

Still a fan of the team in Cleveland. Definitely a different experience watching a bunch of young guys learn how to play together rather than bask in the glory of LeBron (and note the rate at which a score margin would deteriorate while he sat on the bench). Didn't know much about Donovan Mitchell prior to his arrival. Feared he was a bit of a chucker, but he isn't (most of the time), and actually is a leader. Evan Mobley has been a bit of a disappointment in terms of his development this season. And now no Garland or Mobley until at least February, so they will struggle to avoid the play in. And Donovan probably doesn't sign an extension. But for now, just enjoying the process. Looks like they may be accepting volunteers to be in the guard rotation tonight in Dallas.

Dallas needs volunteers to make 3s.... 

Some guy named Curry seemed to have success from deep. Okay, maybe only Curry. 

Scrappy win for the Cavs. Will confess I was about to give up a few times.

Nice to see Exum having some success w Mavs.

Doncic is fun to watch - so skilled - but such a whiner. Worse than Trae Young or Harden. Is there a bigger whiner amongst today’s elite players?

19 hours ago, soulpope said:

Sometimes i wish back the era before amassed 3pointer attempts changed the game completely ....

Agreed.  I was only a marginal basketball fan back then, and now I have zero interest in the games.  Almost no defense played and chucking up 3s all the time.  No thanks.