Baseball season started!

Bob Selig sure knows how to run the game....into the ground! :rolleyes: Yankees played two in Japan March 30th, and 31st. Never even saw highlights of those games, just read about them. Today is the first day for the rest of the league. Oh wait, did I say the rest of the league??? The Braves don't play a real game till Tuesday! :wacko: Makes perfect sense, don't it?

Braves are doing everything possible to piss off fans, including switching from 50,000 watt WSB next year (And heard all over the south and beyond) to weak little WGST, which you can't hear in south or north Atlanta at night. :tup Some dope from the Braves said it was a great deal for the Fans. So, they decimated the team, upped prices for games on Fridays and Saturdays, and Fired the very easy on the eyes Erin Andrews for some guy to do highlights during the games on TBS . :angry: Less games than ever are on TBS of course....I simply love, love, love TimeWarnerAol's destruction of the braves. Yankee fans, no doubt.

Yankees, and Phillys in the Series, IMHO.

So, enough about my whining about the soon to be last place Braves, what is the story with your team???

Edited by BERIGAN

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was in a hurry this morning and forgot to tape the Royals season opener against the Chi-Sox. (Good thing about the match-up, right; seeing as everybody gets WGN.) Had a hectic day and suddenly remembered about the game at about 4:45. I rushed over to a workstation and got on MLB.com just in time to see Beltran hit the bottom-of-the-9th game winning dinger.

Amazing! :tup

So....does no one care about baseball anymore? This has to be the quietest thread on baseball I have seen on this or the BNBB.

Hell, how about this...

TEAM W L PCT GB

Detroit 5 1 .833 -

Kansas City 4 2 .667 1.0

Chicago 3 3 .500 2.0

Minnesota 3 4 .429 2.5

Cleveland 3 5 .375 3.0

:blink: Detroit! :blink: 5 and 1, in FIRST place! :blink: If this team finishes above .500 put Pudge in the hall now! Hell, haven't they won as many games already as last year? ^_^

OK. Who is going to win their divisions...who is going to win it all?

Edited by BERIGAN

The American league Central is going to be tough, as Minny, the Chisox & even KC all have a reasonable shot to win there. If Detroit can play a tiny bit better than .500 ball the rest of the way they could even win the division! Don't count out Cleveland either, because the division winner may only have 85 wins.

In the West I have to go with Anaheim, as long as they can keep Bartolo Colon a safe distance from the buffet table and Vladimir Guerrero close to a chiropractor.

The East belongs to the Yanks, but I don't think that the Bosox will even make the playoffs. A lot of their players had career years last year and I doubt that will happen again. The wild card will go to either Seattle or Oakland. Now that you have my predictions, run straight to your neighborhood bookie and bet the house against me. :D

The only player who clearly had a career year was Mueller.

Millar didn't; he stunk after the All-Star break.

Varitek didn't; his batting average was lower than his career mark.

I don't think Trot Nixon had a career year-with his talent, he finally put it together, and ought to continue to do so. Same with David Ortiz-there's no reason why he shouldn't continue to excel in Fenway Park.

And of course, Nomar and Manny both declined from their best years.

So your claim of too many "career years" is simply wrong.

And even if the offense declines, you don't think we can win a few more games anyway by giving up fewer runs with Schilling and Foulke??

Most commentators pick the Sox to reach the World Series-you don't even see them in the play-offs. :wacko::blink::angry:

Went to see the/your Kansas City Royals over Easter and endured a 48-degree game under light rain. We did, however, win it in the bottom of the 10th. I ate a jumbo hot dog and got a free Tony Pena t-shirt to boot! The game was documented in my current avatar......

Sounds like you had fun, why doesn't the Avatar say the same thing? ^_^

0140234225.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

anyone pick up this book?

move over mr. say hey

ss1

That book looks really cool, Soulstation.

I haven't really followed the season much yet because of other circumstances, but I'm hoping to gradually plug into it... read about Bubba Crosby's debut at Yankee Stadium, hitting a home run his first time up and crashing into the outfield wall to make a catch. The crowd loved him. And what a great name for a baseball player!

The Yankees don't have the pitching this year, except for Kevin Brown.

Don't expect them to run away with it like last year.

Well, I don't think they exactly ran away with it last year. I'm sure that Dan Gould doesn't think that, either! But yes, pitching may be a bit of a weak spot--Mussina is struggling early on, and Contreras still hasn't really come through for them as a starter.

I have the Lost Ballparks book. Got it for X-Mas a few years ago. Lots of nice pictures and some stories of highlights that happened in the parks.

I love a shot of Forbes Field with the Cathedral of Learning out past left field. It looks like King Kong should be climbing it.

It's the type of book you can go back to, if for nothing else to look at the pictures. Recommended.

Edited by Quincy