Willie Nelson goes jazz

brownie

Willie Nelson Goes Jazz?

From wirestories:

At age 70, Willie Nelson has a new album, but it doesn't feature his signature crooning. The country-western icon's "Nacogdoches" is a limited-release disc of jazz instrumentals recorded five years ago at Encore Studios in the historic deep East Texas town that bears the album's name. Nelson is scheduled to arrive in Rusk County Saturday for his pre-Easter concert at the Rose Amphitheatre. The musician's 71st birthday, April 29, is also the scheduled street date of "Nacogdoches." The disc will be available exclusively through the Web site www.WillieNelson.com and at Texas Roadhouse restaurants -- a chain sponsoring Nelson's current tour as part of their long-time partnership.

Edited by brownie

I've always thought Willie Nelson to have a natural feeling for timing and rhythm in jazz. Not that Willie is a 'jazz' artist, he performs all kinds of music. But, when he decides on jazz, he does it oh so well.

You can find some song clips here. Scan toward the bottom of the page. You may sample Corrina, Deed I Do, and Stardust. I might have to purchase this one. Seriously, the samples sound good to my ears. I like it when Willie does jazz. I don't care who knows it. >link<

Edited by wesbed