Changing Power Cords

Son-of-a-Weizen

Hey, I just trust my ears. If others trust douchebags or what they perceive as scientific reasoning fine, in audio I trust my own ears.

In musical reproduction it's all so subjective. So scoff if you want, but I prefer a laissez faire philosophy and listen for myself. Some people think little jamboxes are all they need. I try to respect that.

• 3 weeks later...

The querelle can last indefinitely, 'does cables sounds?', 'the measurements...' and all these bullshits Easy to joke about it. But is anybody out there who can explain the difference of a Stradivari's sound and a new violin scientifically and philologically built like a Stradivari? Same woods, same trees, same forest. Why do they sound different? The pollution of modern trees? Was Stradivari the Devil? Or the wood in the Stradivari's era was different because of an ice age, or, like someone said recently, Stradivari cut the wood during the full moon in August? :P

That machinadynamica site is clearly a fraudulent operation out to catch gullible faux-audiophiles. Check out this paragraph for their "Clever Little Clock" product:

The Clever Little Clock is a small, battery-powered alarm clock that has been extensively modified using a number of highly-specialized techniques. The Clever Little Clock does not plug into the wall and has no direct or indirect influence on the audio signal per se -- not on house wiring, audio components, cables, interconnects, power cords or acoustic waves. Yet the Clock has a pronounced affect on the sound produced by all digital and analog playback systems. In addition, all video systems/formats in the house will be improved by placing one or two clocks in the listening room; the video picture will be clearer, with better contrast and color saturation -- TV, cable TV, DVD, etc.

And yet they apparently are happy to take your PayPal payments. Amazing!