NBA Playoffs...

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lakers vs Spurs.

Lets see, for the Lakers to win....

Malone gives Duncan an elbow to chin. Duncan goes down for 2 games. Maybe knocking out Parker would be better. Both are pests for the Lakers.

Looks like Horry is making his outside shot, since he's well rested. Last year Horry

had to play more minutes because FOX was out. (or was FOX out because of fighting?)

I think his legs gave out, so his shot was off.

Home court advandage SPURS.

Spurs 4-2.

Maybe Sacramento can beat the WOLVES and get lucky with the SPURS?

Lakers vs Spurs.

Lets see, for the Lakers to win....

Malone gives Duncan an elbow to chin. Duncan goes down for 2 games. Maybe knocking out Parker would be better. Both are pests for the Lakers.

Looks like Horry is making his outside shot, since he's well rested. Last year Horry

had to play more minutes because FOX was out. (or was FOX out because of fighting?)

I think his legs gave out, so his shot was off.

Home court advandage SPURS.

Spurs 4-2.

Maybe Sacramento can beat the WOLVES and get lucky with the SPURS?

If you had asked me at the beginning of the season whether a Shaq/Kobe/Karl/Gary team would lose to the Spurs in a playoff series, I would have said no way. But at this point, I have a hard time imagining the Spurs doing worse than winning the series in 7. 6 sounds about right.

By the way, isn't Bill Simmons the funniest writer alive? Check out this jewel from his most recent column:

FACT OR FICTION: The Heat-Hornets series has been going on since January and we haven't even reached Game 5.

Fiction. It actually started two weekends ago. In mid-April. Now we're one day away from May. Game 7 is tentatively scheduled for mid-June. Just hang in there.

The bit about Doug Christie later in the article is excellent as well.

Guy

i still believe

lakers in six

shaq MUST to average 25 + ppg in this series.

what's up with shaq?

maybe the mailman is gonna retire after this season?

he's been playing some good ball lately

he'll give ol' turtlehead an elbow/forearm at least once

payback time for the lakers???

ss1

magic was the best ever

Horry was about 2 for 40 in last year's playoffs. To say his shot was "off" is an understatement.

There's no predicting how the Lakers will play, but the difficulty containing Steve Francis will no doubt continue with the speedy Parker--who makes better decisions and is a better point guard than Francis (2nd only to JKidd IMO).

However, as unpredictability goes, one can't forget these are most of the same Lakers who won three titles in a row. I believe they are capable of toppling the Spurs.

I hate Doug Christie. Did I mention that? He's a good player though, I have to admit. Excellent work ethic and hustle, a good passer, and a decent shot. I just think the refs let him get away with hacking Kobe and I hate that he points to his wife every time he thinks he's on camera. Go Wolves.

And yes, Magic was the best ever.

Magic never won a title after Kareem retired.

Kareem had the most unstoppable (almost automatic) shot in basketball history, the sky-hook. I don't think Kareem gets the credit he deserves. Look at his total career; high school, college and professional.

lakers MUST win game #1

That didn't happen. Spurs put the D on the Lakers.

One man team - Kobe. :lol:

Shaq and Kobe needed more rest.

Shaq doesn't have the legs to stand-up.

What's with Malone's and Patton's shooting? Boy do they old compared to the SPURS.

SPURS played 3 quarters.

Lakers played 1 quarter. (3rd)

Maybe I should root for a SWEEP. :g

lakers lose by 10 and shaq misses 10 f/ts

turtle wasn't much better

turtle had no problem getting his shot over the mailman

sloppy game for the lakers, kinda looked like the rockets

garnett is gonna be named mvp today

i'd like too see garnett win it, "IF" the lakers don't

the nba refs totally suck

three seconds, traveling and palming the ball are now legal???

ss1

Pistons/Nets series starts tonight. I wonder what effect all that trash talking by the Nets after their last regular season meeting will have. My guess? Pistons squeeze the Nets dry with defense and win by 15.

I'm really looking forward to this series. Have been since the Nets playoff sweep last year. My feeling is that the Pistons have improved dramatically since then and the Nets have not. The Pistons also have home court advantage. Even though they are an outstanding road team because they depend on defense, this will make it tougher for the Nets. It should be a good series but I agree with you Jim, the bad boys will turn up the D and the Nets will become the Nots.

The most recent Pistons Nets Game

:bwallace::bwallace::bwallace::bwallace::bwallace:

Guest akanalog

nets have not improved per se, but their bench is playing better than last year and jefferson has improved greatly. he is now a legit star i think...so i think that is a big factor that now nets have 3 stars rather than 2 stars. obviously wallace was a huge addition to the pistons though and they have a pretty deep bench and a better coach. you must also remember k-mart is playing for a contract, which could fire him up. actually you can say the nets improved a lot if you think scott was a stinky coach since now they have a better tactician in frank.

garnett is gonna be named mvp today

i'd like too see garnett win it, "IF" the lakers don't

I agree...if not the Pistons Kev and the Wolves. He is an amazing basketball player at both ends of the floor. A no-brainer to choose him MVP. :tup

Wow, there should be an Organissimo celebration tonight, it being a Michigan-based board and all. NJ got embarrassed tonight, which makes me immensely happy, especially since Detroit is my favorite team left in the playoffs right now.

GO PISTONS!!!

P.S. Darko even got to play 2 minutes at the end, racking up 1 foul and not much of else. :P

I've been saying since Rasheed joined the Pistons that I think they can make it to the Finals--the Wallace/Wallace combo is very formidable.

Weird loss for the Lakers, just left me shaking my head for the most part. A 32 point 3rd quarter followed by a 13 point 4th. WTF. Tons of bewildering, unforced turnovers.

The Lakers had their most successful quarter with Kobe coming off picks, then driving and making a decision to score or dish the ball.

I thought the technical foul against Kobe was crap, but whatever. It really shifted the momentum though.

Which Laker team will show up next game?