NBA Playoffs...

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck! The Kings barely came away with the win last night. Christie had 15 rebounds supposedly trying to prove to Dallas that he is not a wimp. If the Kings can make it past Dallas, the road gets tougher ahead. Most of the Kings are playing semi injured.

Carmelo Anthony just went down in a heap real awkward-like on a rebound as his legs were entangled with Marcus Camby's. All of Denver is shitting themselves waiting for a report on this injury. He walked off on his own power, but this really hurts the McNugget's chances...

BTW, what total crap that Artest was picked as Defensive Player of the Year. Ben Wallace beat him in rebounds per game and blocks per game. Isn't that what defense is?

:angry::bwallace:

I love this quote from ESPN: "Artest recently was the runaway choice for the defensive player of the year. He finished third in the league in steals (2.08 per game) and held the players he guarded to 8.1 points a game."

What the fuck?!? Popovich is right... that's a bullshit stat. There is no way to substantiate that.

Lame. :tdown

BTW, what total crap that Artest was picked as Defensive Player of the Year.  Ben Wallace beat him in rebounds per game and blocks per game.  Isn't that what defense is?

Ben Wallace is still the greatest in my book. :tup:bwallace::bwallace::bwallace:

BTW, what total crap that Artest was picked as Defensive Player of the Year. Ben Wallace beat him in rebounds per game and blocks per game. Isn't that what defense is?

I love this quote from ESPN: "Artest recently was the runaway choice for the defensive player of the year. He finished third in the league in steals (2.08 per game) and held the players he guarded to 8.1 points a game."

What the fuck?!? Popovich is right... that's a bullshit stat. There is no way to substantiate that.

We must calm down and look at the bright side daddy. This will probably piss Gentle Ben off as well. One can only imagine how ferocious he will be then.

Go Pistons!

:bwallace::bwallace::bwallace:

The real (?) finals should start on Sunday, between the Lakers and the Spurs. Completely different styles of basketball, but are there any better teams in the NBA than these two? If the winner of this series doesn't win the whole enchilada, I'll be very shocked!!

sanlal_040429.jpg

Personally I think the award was great, being from Indiana and seeing Ron play frequently, I know what he does for the team with his defense (and no, I don't think rebound and blocks are all there is to defense!). That said, I think our society will give away an award for anything. I also think no matter who you give it to, someone is always going to be pissed. B3er, I don't think Pop would be any happier if they gave it to Wallace. I'm sure if it went to someone else, I'd be bitchin' too (but I'm happy for now)! I'm still pissed Rick Carlisle didn't get the manager of the year award!!!

Mark

The real (?) finals should start on Sunday, between the Lakers and the Spurs. Completely different styles of basketball, but are there any better teams in the NBA than these two?

Although I agree that the winner of this series will probably go on to win the whole thing (though that's not who I picked in my fantasy league :P ), I have a hard time agreeing that the Lakers are one of the two best teams in the league right now. They were lucky, IMO, to get out of that Rockets series 4-1, with two critical games being a matter of a turnover here or a missed bucket there. The Rockets are far from a great team, and it seemed to me that the Lakers were having a very difficult time putting them away.

By contrast, look at San Antonio - when faced with a very scrappy, full of heart Memphis team (certainly in the same league as Houston), they dispatched them handily with a resounding sweep. And I definitely think that Indiana, with their incredible depth, are a better team than the Lakers right now.

And I definitely think that Indiana, with their incredible depth, are a better team than the Lakers right now.

^_^ You better watch out, a statement like that may bring on something bigger than 10.5 (but I agree with your statement!!!!)

Edited by sheldonm

No one can seriously tell me that anyone is a better defender than Ben Wallace. Artest is a good defender... but Wallace should've won the award. Did you know that he reached 1000 rebounds, 100 blocks, and 100 steals for the fourth year in a row? That's an NBA record, beating out Karim Abdul Jabar who held the record at three years in a row.

Ben Wallace is defense. :bwallace:

No one can seriously tell me that anyone is a better defender than Ben Wallace. Artest is a good defender... but Wallace should've won the award. Did you know that he reached 1000 rebounds, 100 blocks, and 100 steals for the fourth year in a row? That's an NBA record, beating out Karim Abdul Jabar who held the record at three years in a row.

Ben Wallace is defense. :bwallace:

:bwallace::tup