Humair-Urtreger-Michelot Set on sale..

garthsj

I love this 3-CD set. I noticed that it was on sale at www.Berkshirerecordoutlet.com. I recommend this set without reservation .... and it comes in a neat fold-out package, with an informative booklet.

add ' Daniel Humair, percussion. Rene Urtreger, piano. Pierre Michelot, doublebass'. (One disc of their 1960 performances at the Club Saint-Germain, another of studio recordings from 1979 and another from 1999. 29 titles incl.Everytime We Say Goodbye, Just One of Those Things, Laura, It Could Happen to You) Add to cart | Price: $ 17.97 | 3 in set. | Country: FRANCE | D/A code: A | Code: SKE 333006/8 | BRO Code: 65019 | Label: SKETCH

| Genre: Jazz

Edited by garthsj

• 4 weeks later...

Garth, HUUUGE thanks!

I listened to disc 1 this morning - terrific stuff! Urtreger sometimes, in his Bud-Powell-inflections, reminds me a bit of Sonny Clark (the Trio record with Chambers & Philly Joe) - he is not a very individual piano stylist, I think, but he is very very good. And Humair is smoking! Makes sense that his name is mentioned first, indeed! What a great drummer he was at age 22, already!

Looking forward to hearing the 79 and 99 recordings!

ubu

Listened to disc 2 (1979) - GREAT music! Really!

Michelot is much more of a presence (also becasue of sound quality - on the 1960 date he often almost disappears).

If anything, Urtreger is more his own man, and Humair even better (he is awesome today, but then, as I said, he was awesome already as a youngster in the 1950s).

ubu :tup