Booker Little discography question

bertrand

Quick question:

I recently bought for $6 a cheapo European CD by Eric Dolphy called Quiet Please, which I think is the same as the Candid Dolphy which I cannot find anywhere.

This has three tracks from Booker Little's Out Front: 'Quiet Please', 'Moods In Free Time' and 'Hazy Hues'. From the Booker discography I found on the web, it seems that 'Quiet' and 'Hues' are alternates, and 'Moods' is the same as the track as on Out Front. Is this correct?

Also, the discography claims there is an alternate of 'Strength And Sanity' floating around. Is this true as well?

Thanks in advance,

Bertrand.

P.S.

I haven't had a chance to compare the two CDs yet. Of course, I will do this as well.

Edited by bertrand

Bertrand, the so-called alternate take 5 of 'Moods in Free Time' on the Candid Eric Dolphy 'Candid Dolphy' CD is listed as being 5:38. I have A/B'ed with the original on the Candid 'Out Front' LP I have where it is listed as being 5:34. I could not trace the slightest difference.

I must add that the sound on the Candid original LP is way, way better than on the CD.

I do not know of any alternate of 'Strength and Sanity'.

Candid Dolphy has alternates of Quiet Please and Hazy Hues, Moods in Free Time is the same as on Out Front.

There is a Japanese CD edition of Out Front with an alternate of Strength and Sanity but no other alternates. The latest Japanese CD edition of Out Front has no alternates.