All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah, I'm being a little unfair. I will check reviews and feedback when Freeman's book is published. I'm more likely to purchase Young...Freeman probably the library route (if available) or perhaps Kindle.
  3. There's another Creative Music Studio Improvisors Orchestra event in Kingston next Sunday 4/28 https://creativemusic.org/events/ Not quite as gaudy a lineup as the last one (3/31), but I enjoyed that one so much that I'm going on the 28th.
  4. Intending to be there. And just announced today: Joe McPhee also at the Lace Mill (Kingston) 5/19. Music and spoken word w. McPhee, Fred Lonborg-Holm and Michael Bisio.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Or download Chrome again, then log into your account. Seems easy.
  7. I love Helen Folasade Adu. What a beautiful person and what a voice. . . with that special Nigerian sonority within as well. I have a hard time listening to her now as her music was the soundtrack to the euphoric five years I had with the "one that got away."
  8. I've pre-ordered the cd set--I really enjoy Everett Barksdale's playing and this should be great.
  9. Art Tatum: Jewels in the Treasure Box: The 1953 Chicago Blue Note Jazz Club Recordings. https://resonancerecords.org/product/art-tatum-jewels-in-the-treasure-box-cd/ I completely missed the release announcement (the LP is coming out on RSD, and the CD is due next week), but I am very excited about it. The fact that it was recorded live at the Blue Note Club in Chicago implies that it has the exact origin as the recently unearthed recordings of Jeri Southern or Lennie Tristano from Uptown Jazz some years ago, and the sound quality seemed fine when I listened to the samples on Bandcamp. I also liked the atmosphere of the audience at the club, who were in high spirits after witnessing a little miracle. I know there are those who have different opinions, but I personally prefer Art Tatum's group playing to his solo piano playing (piano solos are of course great, but gradually getting tiring) and I prefer the live recordings to the studio recordings. This edition of the Art Tatum Trio with Slam Stewart on bass and Everett Barksdale on guitar is possibly the best unit Tatum ever had. I already have many Art Tatum sources, but still an excellent addition.
  10. f you're signed in to your Google account and have sync enabled, your bookmarks are safely stored in the cloud. These bookmarks can then be easily restored simply by logging back into your Google account on a reinstalled Chrome browser.Feb 25, 2024
  11. Indeed, and in a few casees longer versions of tracks. Argo LPs were short, so the Mosaic was a bargain in comparison.
  12. Various – On Broadway: Covers Of Invention ... 2013
  13. I don't think they will be in any way similar. Whenever Ben's lands, it will be definitive. There can (and should) be more than one biography out on Mr. Taylor. Also, as a writer, I know I have put some dumb shit in print (& not only on this board!) and it will follow me to my grave. The problem -- and not to pile on any one individual -- is when a reputation gets built on reactionary statements/tomes.
  14. A lot of the Hep records catalog is available on Qobuz. You can purchase the albums for download only. You can also sample the tracks. Unfortunately they probably don't include the liner notes. Here's a link (in French) https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/label/hep-records/download-streaming-albums/145563
  15. Well, if the writer wants to revise, a computer is the way to go, though using a typewriter would be much more percussive!
  16. If you go here, what do you see? Macintosh HD > user > Library > Application Support > Google > Chrome > Default > Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak Please consider using the Time Machine backup feature in the future.
  17. When people ask me what kind of jazz I like, I enthusiastically reply, "Dialectic Jazz!"
  18. It's an Apple desktop using Monterey. I am not even a year into using the first Apple I have ever owned. The backup thing is tricky, as I tend to back up only Word Files and music files.
  19. Clarke-Boland-Sextett – Marcel Marceau Präsentiert Swing Im Bahnhof ... 1965 Recorded at Rolandseck Train Station, Germany, September 25, 1965.
  20. What about a restart using your most recent backup prior to the disappearance? Knowing what kind of computer you're using and the OS might provide more detailed assistance.
  21. Pete Rugolo - This World, Then the Fireworks OST (Varese Sarabande, 1997) Pete was 80 when he wrote this!
  22. Really appreciate original Cover Art (should be known in this forum 🤓), but in this case the Mosaic Box adds a lot of precious bonus material ("Alhambra" !!) ....
  23. After restarting my computer, Chrome has gone missing. I have no idea why this would happen. I have looked in Apps, I have looked in Trash--nowhere to be found. It's probably easy enough to reinstall Chrome. But all my Bookmarks are gone and would probably be gone permanently--we are talking about several hundred. Any advice?
  1. Load more activity