Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of vinyl past few days:

Beatles - ABBEY ROAD (UK Apple early pressing) and BEATLES FOR SALE (Japanese Odeon red Aurex vinyl copy, mono 1982 reissue - this series is incredible, the quietest vinyl by far I have ever come across - NO surface noise, NONE)

Miles Complete Plugged Nickel (Mosaic), Record 5 (burning this set gradually to CD-R backup copies). My first Q LP set - and I'm mighty impressed. Mega heavy vinyl and very quiet.

Complete Commodore Recordings (Mosaic), the Lester Young sessions (also burning to CD-R)

Edited by DrJ

Just found some records in my usual shop: J.Renbourn's FARO ANNIE, and Pentangle's SWEET CHILD.

This was my sister's preferred music, maybe I snobbed it at that times. (you know: all that bullshits about the biggest brother...)

What a discover! (or rediscover ;) )

Renbourn and Jansch can really swing. On the Pentangle's record there are great versions of Haitian Fight Song and Goodbye Pork-Pie Hat!

I think I will buy more records of these guys :wub:

Edited by porcy62

Going to New Orleans (and back to May 1945):

- American Music By Wooden Joe with Jim Robinson, Albert Burbank, Baby Dodds, etc.

- American Music By Bunk Johnson Brass Band with Kid Shots Madison, Jim Robinson, George Lewis, Baby Dodds, etc.

two albums from the fine Japanese label Dan.

Needed to wind down. Rough day.

So, I put on The Ballad Style Of Stan Kenton, then followed it up with Mancini's Dear Heart. Perked me right up [along with a nice glass of seedless red ;) ]

Oh. And I was hipped to a new vinyl source, right in my neighbourhood!!! It's within walking distance and I will be exploring it tomorrow. :D