When was the last time you got shit faced?

Bought a bottle of wine during lunchtime. Going to drink the whole bottle tonight. The wife and kid are visiting the in-laws for a few days. Gonna pop on some jazz and drink away.

Hey, I've got a bottle of wine open, too, but what the feck does that have to with shit? :wacko::blink::g

Not something I like to do. Last time I really got shitfaced was probably new year's eve, 1978/1979. Was at a party, tried to keep up with the host drinking Jack, couldn't do, it and was told the next day that three babes (the secretary at the factory I was working at--one of the most beautiful redheads I've ever met--and two of her friends) gave me a ride home and put me to bed. . . . I swore I would never lose control like that again, because I wanted to remember this sort of thing, and over the following two decades I've reduced my drinking to practically nil.

Last night. I had 3 Mangoritas at my favorite Indian Restaurant. They fill a pint glass w/ ice, fill it to about an inch and a half from the top w/ tequila, concentrated mango pulp on top, w/ a little lime juice. Mighty good. I've never seen anyone drink more than 3. No hangover!

I'll occasionally indulge with some solo vino when my wife is on call, working late, whatever; I usually start with a little Trane, Blue Train or Trane's Blues, segue into some Davis w/ HH et al quintet work, and progress into some Rare Groove material. Also, my ADD will kick in when I'm hitting the red wine, and I'll start playing one track off of this, one track off of that, free-forming and free-associating the mix as I go. I usually try to record this, so in the morning I've got a stack of mis-matched CDs/records and albums, and one sweet wine-infused mix. In fact, this is probably how I'll put my future (not signed up yet, but eventually) BFT together!!! :rlol

I'll occasionally indulge with some solo vino when my wife is on call, working late, whatever; I usually start with a little Trane, Blue Train or Trane's Blues, segue into some Davis w/ HH et al quintet work, and progress into some Rare Groove material. Also, my ADD will kick in when I'm hitting the red wine, and I'll start playing one track off of this, one track off of that, free-forming and free-associating the mix as I go. I usually try to record this, so in the morning I've got a stack of mis-matched CDs/records and albums, and one sweet wine-infused mix. In fact, this is probably how I'll put my future (not signed up yet, but eventually) BFT together!!! :rlol

Finally, a thread worthy of that smilie. :g

I'm with Lon, been a long, long while since I've gotten smashed.

The precipitating event:

After college, I returned to Tallahassee for a wedding. That evening, a large group of college friends got together to relive old times. However, a friend had recently decided to stop drinking, and for that night, I decided to join him.

It was a real eye opener, watching the stupid things people say and do when drunk and having it dawn on me that is how I was acting when smashed.

Since then, its been wine with Christmas dinner and a little bubbly on New Year's and that's it.

In college it was a regular event, but also back then recovery time was usually minimal. If I overdo even a little bit these days these days the hangover is worse and lasts longer. And there's just not time to have an unproductive recovery day.

I prefer to get the occasional mild buzz and stop there. I do like to have a couple while cooking and/or listening to sides.

When I'm playing in a club, I like to have a couple beers over the course of the evening to "take the edge off" but there's a very fine line there that, when crossed, leads to a detioration of skill and judgement. Usually the first to go is the tongue (articulation gets sloppy) and then the brain (you think you're playing great, usually it's not so). I enjoy being aware and alert much more than being numb.

EDIT: To answer the question, the last time I got truly "shit-faced" was a few summers ago. I was in Europe on a tour, we had a night off and were hanging in a bar starting before dinner. Drinks before, wine w/dinner, apertifs and more drinks after, mixing many types of booze. It was fun until I realized it was time to go home and I could barely walk.

Of course my "friends" love to document all hangs with pictures, so I saw some pretty embarrassing photos afterwards. I really looked like an idiot. That kind of caused me to decide not to go so far overboard anymore.

Edited by Free For All

Just yesterday actually. Company beach party, open bar. One of those "I didn't know I was shattered until I got in the car." Good thing I wasn't behind the wheel. Shitty tequila, gave me a headache. Still feel shaky today. Ugh.

I may also have a bottle of wine tonight, though I doubt it will really make me shitfaced :wacko: .

Same here. I've been drinking wines that are not sweet so I drink less.

edited because I've been drinking... :lol:

Edited by 7/4

I may also have a bottle of wine tonight, though I doubt it will really make me shitfaced :wacko: .

do you have poop on your face yet?

ew!

Always seemed like a bad idea for a girl. Although a few times in college I got near-"blotto" in the company of a trusted gay male friend! Not like I thought out that plan in advance, but looking back it seems extremely sensible!

Since college (which was 30 years ago), only three times, each time as anesthetic to a break-up. Two of them at home by myself. One, unfortunately, in the presence of the ex and the rest of the band we were both members of...

For years now, more than one drink upsets my stomach -- can't even GET smashed -- kind of a built-in limiter.

Now that's disgusting, my friend! You Europeans always are so over the top! :rolleyes:

Btw, I decided to go the Leffe-road tonight, but only had one so far, so no poop here...

ubu :w

Now that's disgusting, my friend! You Europeans always are so over the top! :rolleyes:

Btw, I decided to go the Leffe-road tonight, but only had one so far, so no poop here...

downed that wine already then, eh?

:rfr

:rfr

Hell NO, when I say! :rmad:

Will have another Leffe and then I'll drop dead (till six a.m. tomorrow, that is...)

ubu