NBA 2004-2005

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lakers lose to Utah, but, HEY :tup:tup:tup:tup:tup Kobe got his 38 points, even though he took 30 shots to do it. Also :tup:tup:tup he had one assist.

P.S. I'm not a Kobe fan. :angry:

No suprise here, it's what we'll see all year. Thanks Kobe, for turning our championship manufacturing juggernaut into a one man losing show a la Allen Iverson. :rmad:

Lakers lose to Utah, but, HEY  :tup  :tup  :tup  :tup  :tup  Kobe got his 38 points, even though he took 30 shots to do it.  Also  :tup  :tup  :tup  he had one assist.

P.S. I'm not a Kobe fan. :angry:

No suprise here, it's what we'll see all year. Thanks Kobe, for turning our championship manufacturing juggernaut into a one man losing show a la Allen Iverson. :rmad:

The happiest day in Kobe's life will be the final game, Lakers out of the playoff picture, and he's just behind as the scoring leader. He'll be albe to jack it up all night long, score 75 points, and, finally, completely, totally, be THE MAN -- loser. :tdown

is Bobby Simmons related to lionel simmons aka the "l train" who played with the queens about 10-15 years ago? am i gettin' that funkin' old

george blahah lacks the skillzz to run a championship ceremony like my main man chick hearn

shaq and kobe run the nba

watch out for the suns, if they had a big man (the same story every year)

amare, marion, nash and richardson

i have seen the lakers every time they've been to phoenix the past 3 years.

my streak will end in a few weeks

i've seen them around 9-10 times total

shaq in phoenix jan 11th, i've already got the day off

ss1

Edited by Soulstation1

This Jazz fan must agree w/ Bruce W. on that one. That isn't Bruce Willis, is it?

No I am not. I get mistaken for him a lot, but... no.

B-) I'm a vibe player in Loma Linda, Calif. and I love the Pistons... :bwallace:

and while I loved many of the past Laker teams, eversince they got "sweet little innocent" Kobe (in reality the brash spoiled brat), I cannot say that I am now endeared to the Lakers nor their management, Mitch Kupchek. There seems to be "a bit" of dishonesty with him towards players. (probably gets paid to be the hatchet man).

Be cool B-)

BruceW

Hey, the Raptors actually beat the Pistons.  By like more than 10!  ...

Yeah, what a surprise. Read in the papers where Ben Wallace admitted they took them for granted... "thought it would be a cakewalk."

:bwallace: Go Pistons

That might have been an early wakeup call. You know (now that you are champs, everyone is gunning for you).

B-)

The Pistons can't afford to think anyone is a cakewalk because, like Bruce said, they have a target on their backs. Everybody is going to bring their "A" game against them.

Now you know what it's like for the NE Patriots, Jim.

Then when both of your starting corners are out, two starting offensive linemen, your star runningback, both starring receivers, several other key backups...man it's going to be tough this Sunday against St. Louis.

Now, er, back to the NBA...

:D

Anyone who wants to know "who the Lakers really are" can start by counting the numerous World Championship banners that hang in Staples Center.

While they won't be adding any banners with this team, I don't think any Laker fans are in the dark about it. At least they get to play Atlanta sometimes, like tonight.

Anyone who wants to know "who the Lakers really are" can start by counting the numerous World Championship banners that hang in Staples Center.

While they won't be adding any banners with this team, I don't think any Laker fans are in the dark about it.  At least they get to play Atlanta sometimes, like tonight.

I am constantly amazed at what is printed here and how differently it is interpreted. I was talking about only this present team since Kobe got his "wishes." That was not hard to understand from all the previous threads about the spoiled brat and the young team.

In deference to your statement, yes, the Lakers as an organization with a past history is a great organization with lots and lots of championship banners. But, that is not the thread here. The thread here is dealing with "this present" team. As you are obviously a Laker fan, you should understand that this team will not represent the caliber of Lakers past. If, by some twist of fate, this team develops these youngsters into a major threat to the title, then so be it, but don't look for it.

BruceW, fwiw, I've been ripping Kobe for weeks now--since the shit hit the fan in Phil's book. I've been bitter as hell they traded Shaq to keep him, and the more I read about Kobe lately the more I doubt his innocence in that off the court incident in Colorado.

In fact, I'm just a bitter Laker fan altogether, I'm sorry to direct it your way--but you are discoing down in my agony. :g

Then when both of your starting corners are out, two starting offensive linemen, your star runningback, both starring receivers, several other key backups...man it's going to be tough this Sunday against St. Louis.

Oh yeah, 40-22.

Poor, poor, Patriots. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Oh yeah, 40-22.

Poor, poor, Patriots. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Hey, read the thread title, willya?

;)

Tough loss by the Clips last night at home against the World Champs. Jaric really panicked down the stretch.

Much more heartbreaking was learning that Ben Wallace' older brother died. Very sad news for Big Ben, who is a class act and a workhorse. I wish he and his family strength during this awful time.