Jazz Kat

What Are You Watching

5,267 posts in this topic

Saoirsa Ronan in the tragedy of Macbeth at the Almeida in London today.  Absolutely harrowing. Saoirsa was lay in a puddle water for about 15 minutes at the end. Blood and water everywhere, we got splashed in the third row. Front row looked a nightmare.

Anthony

London 

Dickinson - season 3, episodes 1,2,3 - Apple TV+

How do you NOT watch this?

Yes, "Barry" is quite a show.

I've caught up on "Foundation."

Narcos Mexico - season 3 (Netflix)

An intriguing and entertaining CNN documentary and conversation about the Four Seasons Total Landscaping "press event."

I am re-watching the recent two episodes of Nova in collaboration with BBC/Earth about the Milky Way and "alien worlds." 

Fascinating is an understatement. Upcoming episodes look fascinating as well. . . next up black holes on Wednesday.

Any UK licence payers watch the Guy Barker big band on BBC 4 last night? The presenter was corny and stilted and I found the singers were mostly terrible. The drummer was also either massively over the top or something went wrong in the mix. Nikki Yeoh was the best thing about it. Mind you,  the audience clapped like seals throughout so I may be in a minority!

Anthony

London

The Beatles: Get Back - Disney+

Money Heist - season 5, episode 6

Last night: L.A. Confidential

one of those films that once you start watching it, you can't turn it off.

A few weeks ago, I got a download of all the original Perry Masons. 

Apart from the cars etc., they have not really dated. I enjoy watching them. They made a very large number of them each season - well over 30. It must have been hard work.

The first season is 1957, and there is a great collection of Batmobile cars. Great fun to watch. Their suspension was lousy and the cars bounce a lot when they come to a halt.

The police and the D.A. are portrayed as morons who just use shallow circumstantial evidence, such as the murder weapon planted in the defendant's car's glove compartment.

Some of the plots are quite complex.

No annoying canned laughter, of course. The music is awful, and I wish I could remove it.

Check it out.

Celebrity Bowling