The easy way to support the organissimo forums...

Jim Alfredson

Which do you like better?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks much less cluttered in the top right, on the same level as the Big O logo. Doesn't have to have its own separate box either that way (or a separate color for the separate box). "Unobtrusive" is the aesthetic I'm looking for.

Would've voted twice if the software had let me. Might re-register with my work e-mail address, just to vote again. :P

PS: How about moving it down slightly (within the top, meaning the full-width box with the Big O logo), and move it to the lighter colored part of the top. Would make the darker text slightly more visible - more contrast that way. Maybe put it more at the level (vertically) as the word "forums" in the logo.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I voted to place it in the white area, to place it in a lower area in terms of heirarchy. I wouldn't make it orange, rather something which matches the surroundings. I use the blue skin setting, so the orange makes it appear as the most important thing on the page.

I voted to place it in the white area, to place it in a lower area in terms of heirarchy. I wouldn't make it orange, rather something which matches the surroundings. I use the blue skin setting, so the orange makes it appear as the most important thing on the page.

Well, physchology would say to make it stand-out as much as possible so people don't forget. But I can make it whatever color(s) would make people comfortable. I can make it blend in with the four skins. Not a big deal.

Guest Chaney

I can't say that I like the Buy CDs from CDUniverse: thingy stretched across the top -- W A Y too big!. Nor do I think you should pollute the bands logo strip at the top / corner.

Why not a small thingy, maybe with a bit of band or organ related animation? Nothing elaborate. Maybe a couw designed eye-catcher?

Edited by Chaney

I can't say that I like the Buy CDs from CDUniverse: thingy stretched across the top -- W A Y too big!. Nor do I think you should pollute the bands logo strip at the top / corner.

Why not a small thingy, maybe with a bit of band or organ related animation? Nothing elaborate. Maybe a couw designed eye-catcher?

If he would like to design something, that would be great. I could PM him the appropriate code.

If given the chance to vote again, I would vote for this.

Or, maybe we could just click on the mullet.

Since the poll is pretty evenly split, I could make sub-skins for each of the four colors (blue, peach, purple, and green) so people have both options available (ie, the search bar in the logo strip or underneath in the white area).

Sounds great, but really, Jim -- you shouldn't feel like you have to go to much extra work just on our account, to please everybody. I'm sure we'll ALL be pretty happy with whatever format you want. (Or, since the poll is split, then do which ever one you like better.)

Doubling the number of skins only doubles the amount of maintenance when you add other things later. (Or so I noticed, in terms of there currently being no "Today's Active Topics" link at the bottom of the test skin you currently have. Probably lots of other custom stuff missing too from the test skin.)

SO, if lots of links and other things are "skin-specific", I'd just pick one CDU link format/placement, and make them all consistent (across the four skins you already have). (cuz maintenance on 8 skins is a hell of a lot more than just fixing 4.)

Another unsolicited opinion, like usual. :g

Edited by Rooster_Ties

another quick thing...

Don't forget to change the CDU links on the Root Doctor and Organissimo pages (meaning the band sites), so those generate a little for you guys too.

Like here: http://www.rootdoctorband.com/music.html

and... oh, I see you've already fixed it on the main Organissimo band page.

No CDU links that I could see on the "Big O" records page (all CDBaby links, that I could see).

Edit: Found another CDU link here: http://www.rootdoctorband.com/index2.htm

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Historically, I've ordered from CDU through Jazzmatazz. I'd now like to support both sites through my click-throughs. Is there a way to kill both birds with one stone?

Nothing easy, unfortunately. I don't want to take away any income from Alan's site, that's for sure. Keep doing what you're doing, is what I'd say. For those who haven't done click-through's on Alan's site, consider doing them here. That seems to be fair.

Just ordered a couple of CDs through the CDU link.

One question - Does the forum get $ for CDU DVD orders also? Didn't order any DVDs this time, but I have ordered them in the past from CDU.

As long as you get to the CDU site from here (or by using the direct link, say as a bookmark), yes. The direct link is:

http://www.cduniverse.com/default.asp?style=music&frm=lk_organissimo

Historically, I've ordered from CDU through Jazzmatazz. I'd now like to support both sites through my click-throughs. Is there a way to kill both birds with one stone?

Nothing easy, unfortunately. I don't want to take away any income from Alan's site, that's for sure. Keep doing what you're doing, is what I'd say. For those who haven't done click-through's on Alan's site, consider doing them here. That seems to be fair.

Tell you what - I'll continue to do pre-orders from Jazzmatazz, and do "catalog" orders from here. Not perfect, but, it seems like the best compromise under the circumstances, with no loyalties being severed either way. I'm kinda old-school about stuff like that. Hope you understand. But there should be business enough for both.

Now, if you wanted to make some real money from me, you'd get a deal like this with Dusty Groove (the BASTARDS!). :g

If I understood the explanation in the other thread correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), once you follow a referrer (either Organissimo or Jazzmatazz) to CD Universe, the cookie that signals CD Universe who referred you to them is valid for 6 hours.

So if you click on a jazzmatazz link first and less than 6 hours later on a Organissimo link, and then buy a CD, it will still be Jazzmatazz who gets credited for the purchase (and vice versa).

Edited by Claude