How did you 'hear' about the Organissimo.org forums?

eeegor

No, they've been deleted and the posters banned for mentioning this board...

That's probably true. I was just banned for life from JC, and the only reason I can think of is that I mentioned yesterday that I find this site to be superior.

That's funny. I rarely visit JC, but was there just the other day and was reading a thread reviewing Keith Jarrett's Carnegie Hall Concert. Someone brought up a Larry Kart observation (a quote from his book) re: Jarrett, and I noticed that when that post was quoted by another, it contained a reference to Kart being a "frequent Organissimo poster" or some such. The only thing, the Organissimo reference had been edited out of the original poster's post and only showed up when that original post was quoted down thread. Thought that was odd... <_<

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not odd at all.

Lois is damn near in a state of paranoia about other Jazz sites being mentioned on hers. She told me once that this site has the same policy. But I've seen references to both JC and Jazz Corner here several times that Jim didn't delete.

And my post that was deleted this morning simply referred to this place as the "O". So only those who were already familiar with this site would have known what the hell I was talking about to begin with.

I think she is quite the baby. How embarrassing.

Not odd at all.

Lois is damn near in a state of paranoia about other Jazz sites being mentioned on hers. She told me once that this site has the same policy. But I've seen references to both JC and Jazz Corner here several times that Jim didn't delete.

And my post that was deleted this morning simply referred to this place as the "O". So only those who were already familiar with this site would have known what the hell I was talking about to begin with.

Lois is nuts or a flat out liar if she tells people that Jim has the same policy.

Not odd at all.

Lois is damn near in a state of paranoia about other Jazz sites being mentioned on hers. She told me once that this site has the same policy.

That's news to me.

It was to me, also. I told her she was full of shit. I still haven't received a reply from her as to why she banned me for life this morning. But I'm willing to bet that was the reason. I hadn't done anything else.

I think it's a garbage policy on her behalf. Whatever happened to the sense of community that used to exist in the Jazz world at one time? Let's face it, man. We're a bunch of cultural outcasts. We should be doing everything we can to support one another.

I just don't get it.

I started by posting at the Harlem.org board--the guy who moderated that was a cold, distant control freak. It was a slow, under-populated board. Being there was sort of like being in a large completely empty auditorium. On a good day there might half a dozen new posts. The two most active members squabbled all the time over nothing, and after awhile I concluded that one of them was a ventriloquist. Finally someone mentioned the BNBB in a post--said something nasty about it. That sounded a hell of a lot more lively and interesting than Harlem.org--so I checked it out. Got there just in time to witness the implosion. I occasionally visit the other boards--AAJ and JC--but I like it better here.

Not odd at all.

Maybe Lois thinks the "Big O" is about something very different, something she doesn't want to talk about... :w

Seriously, that's very screwy behavior on her part.

I started by posting at the Harlem.org board--the guy who moderated that was a cold, distant control freak. It was a slow, under-populated board. Being there was sort of like being in a large completely empty auditorium. On a good day there might half a dozen new posts. The two most active members squabbled all the time over nothing, and after awhile I concluded that one of them was a ventriloquist. Finally someone mentioned the BNBB in a post--said something nasty about it. That sounded a hell of a lot more lively and interesting than Harlem.org--so I checked it out. Got there just in time to witness the implosion. I occasionally visit the other boards--AAJ and JC--but I like it better here.

Heh. I remember when we were all exiled from the BNBB and were looking for a place to stay (this was just before Jim opened up Org.org to us), we all descended on Harlem.org en masse and pretty much raped and pillaged all that was there before moving on a day later. It became clear very quickly that it wasn't gonna be a good fit... :lol:

I think it's a garbage policy on her behalf. Whatever happened to the sense of community that used to exist in the Jazz world at one time? Let's face it, man. We're a bunch of cultural outcasts. We should be doing everything we can to support one another.

I just don't get it.

That's exactly how I feel. The jazz community needs to be close-knit and supportive instead of divided and paranoid. I harbor no ill-will towards any other jazz forum. Michael Ricci and I have a good relationship and I am fully supportive of what he's trying to do over there. Some people get rubbed the wrong way and that happens... you can't please everyone all the time. I've made my share of mistakes over here as well. It's a learning process.

But to not be able to even mention the other boards... well, that's just a bit silly.

I just don't get it.

That's exactly how I feel. The jazz community needs to be close-knit and supportive instead of divided and paranoid. I harbor no ill-will towards any other jazz forum. Michael Ricci and I have a good relationship and I am fully supportive of what he's trying to do over there. Some people get rubbed the wrong way and that happens... you can't please everyone all the time. I've made my share of mistakes over here as well. It's a learning process.

But to not be able to even mention the other boards... well, that's just a bit silly.

I haven't heard back from her yet. But if I can confirm that that was indeed the reason, would you mind if I passed this post along to her?

Hell, perhaps seeing this from you might change her mind a little?

Especially when it comes to Jazz.

It's not like we're talking teeny bopper Britney Spears-like bulletin boards.

Her attitude seems very exclusionary and detrimental to trying to help keep this beautiful artform alive. And let me just add that my hat's off to you for NOT sharing that attitude.

Edited by Scott Dolan

Heh. I remember when we were all exiled from the BNBB and were looking for a place to stay (this was just before Jim opened up Org.org to us), we all descended on Harlem.org en masse and pretty much raped and pillaged all that was there before moving on a day later. It became clear very quickly that it wasn't gonna be a good fit... :lol:

Yeah, and then we swooped in and got AAJ all in a panty-twist. Damn, we were a pushy crowd! Nothing like a horde of homeless jazz posters... :g

Yeah, and then we swooped in and got AAJ all in a panty-twist. Damn, we were a pushy crowd! Nothing like a horde of homeless jazz posters... :g

http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/showthread.php?t=321

or

http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/archive/index.php/t-321.html

Edited by Robert J