Woody Herman and Boogie Woogie Selects Available for Preorder

Ron S

Ordered the Herman - can hardly wait! I suggested this set to Mosaic around '93 or '94. They finally came through!

Got the shipping notification yesterday, cannot wait to listen to it. The 1963/64 Herman Band produced some of the best big band jazz ever: superb charts, great soloists, powerful ensemble playing, swings like hell thanks to Jake Hanna, Chuck Andrus and Nat Pierce (on par with the best of Basie, Ellington and Thad Jones/Mel Lewis)

Edited by Tommy T

I've been looking forward to this one for a long time, and it is excellent!

A very hard swingin' band, most of the credit going to Jake MF Hanna.

Great soloists and great charts- Woody's band had a sound all its own. They really managed to carve out some space for themselves in a world dominated by Duke and Basie.

EDIT: I have to say that beside the obvious solo heroes like Sal Nistico and Phil Wilson you HAVE to appreciate Bill Chase's great lead trumpet work and the writing of Nat Pierce, Bill Holman, Bob Hammer, Ralph Burns, Neil Hefti and Bill Chase.

YOWSAH! :excited:

Edited by Free For All

I've been looking forward to this one for a long time, and it is excellent!

A very hard swingin' band, most of the credit going to Jake MF Hanna.

Great soloists and great charts- Woody's band had a sound all its own. They really managed to carve out some space for themselves in a world dominated by Duke and Basie.

EDIT: I have to say that beside the obvious solo heroes like Sal Nistico and Phil Wilson you HAVE to appreciate Bill Chase's great lead trumpet work and the writing of Nat Pierce, Bill Holman, Bob Hammer, Ralph Burns, Neil Hefti and Bill Chase.

YOWSAH! :excited:

There have ony been two Mosaic sets I've preordered - the Mulligan concert band set and this one. I wasn't disappointed in the Mulligan and I'm sure not going to be disappointed with this one. I love this band and this music!!!! Now checking my mail-box hourly! Mosaic has done a great job with Herman reissues.