Sports: 2008 NBA Playoffs

Nice comeback win for the Lakers, after being down 20. Congrats Noj & other Laker fans.

I hope the Spurs play a whole game on Friday - I think they could have won this one tonight (and should have after being up that much midway through the 3rd). Some strange calls by the officials, but not too many of them, and overall I think it was called evenly.

I don't think the Spurs will admit it (and they aren't the type to make alot of excuses anyway), but I think being forced to sleep on a grounded plane and not having a full day of preparation cost them, it showed in their energy level at the end.

Regardless, good comeback Lakers.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series is going to be a dogfight. The Lakers can't expect to pull miracles out of their asses against the Spurs, who outplayed them for 2+ quarters. Some awful friendly calls down the stretch, won't get those in San Antonio. Better win at home. Odom and Fisher need to shoot better.

Happy to win, but not happy at all with the execution overall.

in my books

Spurs should be playing game # 1 in LA @ 6:00 AM Today

:g

The people who set the schedule didn't set this particular game up until a few days ago though. What's one more day? Is one day (a travel day from an away game to another away game, AND a preparation day all rolled into one) enough between games for any team?

edit - The spacing between games is odd anyway. The Spurs Hornets played Game 6 last Thursday, then for some reason had 3 days off until Game 7. Why didn't the NBA let them play on Sunday instead, and then have Game 1 of the Spurs/Lakers on Wednesday?

League rules prevent favoring a team, hence no extra days off beyond the regular travel day after last team closes out a series. Otherwise, TV dictates when the games will be played.....

if billups ain't 100% pistons will lose this series

didn't see the game, was he ok?

Billups played, I don't think he looked 100 percent. But Pistons had that same ol' "attitude" again and they lost. It seems it is now ingrained in them that they "have" a switch to turn on and off. Of course, this is all in their heads...I do believe they will bounce back and take game 2 and thus, home court advantage. Boston is the one having problems winning on the road. :bwallace2:

Yeah, well what I like is the fact that the Pistons now have home court advantage, and the Celtics have not won a road game all playoffs. It can now become a mind thing with them and it probably is. That makes it that much harder to win one on the road during the playoffs, let alone the Conference Finals.

Go Pistons

:bwallace2:

Damnit

The Pistons are so screwed up with their attitude. That was worst game I have ever seen by Pistons. That or the Flip Saunders coacing is sooo bad. They should be wondering why they have not got past the Conference Finals in last 5 years.

Damn. :angry:

Edited by BruceW

Lakers lucked out with the no-call on the last play. Would've been 3 free throws!

Stick a fork in the Spurs, I'm afraid they're done.

I think you're right Free. As bad as the Spurs played, they could have won at the end. But the ref that made the no-call (on a pretty blatant - IMO - foul by Derek Fisher on Barry) was Joey Crawford, the same ref that threw Duncan out of a game last year and got suspended for the season for doing so. Alot of folks think he has a strong dislike for the Spurs.

Regardless, the Spurs played pretty poorly overall tonight, but it hurts to lose on a ref's BAD call, not the players. And since this game made the difference between a 3-1 Lakers lead and a 2-2 series tie, that call in effect is a large determinant in the series, not just this game.

Edited by Aggie87