New Ran Blake

Kreilly

I just want to take credit for forcing Ran Blake into hiding - about 10-12 years years ago I found his phone number somewhere (probably some university listing) and called him (I wanted him to play on some recording project). He was polite, but talking to him was sort of like seeing the proverbial deer-in-the-headlights.

The next day his phone didn't work and he's been unlisted ever since -

just doing my bit for history -

Edited by AllenLowe

I would love to hear/collect all his recordings someday. In more than two years of looking I have not found his ESP debut or the duet with Braxton. There so many more obscure releases as well. Everything I have heard is fantastic. My favorites are That Certain Feeling, a collection of Gershwin, and a pair of solo discs Compleat RB vol 1 and 2. He would be the perfect Mosaic project for many of us, but they know they could not broadly monetize it (per MC). They should however consider some one-off editions, say the Blue Potato Milestone LP.

He would be the perfect Mosaic project for many of us, but they know they could not broadly monetize it (per MC). They should however consider some one-off editions, say the Blue Potato Milestone LP.

I got that Blue Potato LP for 6 bucks at a local store a year ago. I'd like to hear the Horo LP, Open City. Imagine if they had a complete Horo Records Mosaic like the Commodore set! I know it's impossible, but one can dream.