Where to get recent releases

scottb

What happened to deepdiscoutcd.com?? I have been using them recently. Blue Notes to your door for under $10 is hard to beat.

I went there today to order SONIC BOOM only to find they don't have the new Conns. Anyone know what's up with that?

Anyway, where can I get the new Conns cheap? (I know about Half.com and Cheapcds. com)

Deepdiscountcd.com has become less interesting lately. I always check the prices at several US online stores and usually end up at CD Universe. One big advantage are their sale prices on preorders. They also have more options on ordering (ship when available or ship complete, combine orders, cancel orders).

As an experiment, I placed two orders, one with Cheap-CDs and one with CDUniverse. Both placed last Sunday. CDUniverse arrived today, so they win on speed. Plus, they use much better packaging for their shipping. Actual cardboard and everything! ;)

Now I just have to decide which CD to play first... :wacko:

The latest Conns are on sale ($13.95) at The Music Resource. Just ordered SONIC BOOM yesterday

I haven't really had good luck with themusicresource...Twice I've had a long wait for things listed as "in stock". I ordered a Criss Cross (Wycliffe Gordon) from them 12 days ago. It was supposedly 'in stock' but the order is still in progress. And no replies to my queries. I'll never order from them again.

• 1 month later...

The latest Conns are on sale ($13.95) at The Music Resource. Just ordered SONIC BOOM yesterday

I haven't really had good luck with themusicresource...Twice I've had a long wait for things listed as "in stock". I ordered a Criss Cross (Wycliffe Gordon) from them 12 days ago. It was supposedly 'in stock' but the order is still in progress. And no replies to my queries. I'll never order from them again.

Anybody have a good experience with The Music Resource? I placed an order on December 27 and my order is still listed as "incomplete." I emailed customer service a few days ago and never got a reply. <_<

Guest Chaney

Anybody have a good experience with The Music Resource?  I placed an order on December 27 and my order is still listed as "incomplete."  I emailed customer service a few days ago and never got a reply.  <_<

December 27? Ya little whiner! Us REAL men wait WEEKS to get our orders from The Music Resource. B)

When you order those "in stock" CDs, the scurrying then begins to actually make the "in stock" promise ring (clang?) true.

Here's my last three orders which will give you an idea as to my success to failure rate -- and yes, each order took quite a while to arrive:

Artist Title Media Price Qty Status

MATT SHIPP HORN 4TET: STRATA Compact Discs $14.25 1 Invoiced

MAT MANERI SO WHAT Compact Discs $14.25 1 Invoiced

FRANZ KOGLMANN L'HEURE BLEUE Compact Discs $9.95 1 Invoiced

LOREN MAZZACANECONNORS A POSSIBLE DAWN Compact Discs $14.25 1 Invoiced

SAM RIVERS WINTER GARDEN Compact Discs $13.25 0 Unavailable

CLUSONE3 CLUSONE 3: RARA AVIS Compact Discs $14.25 0 Unavailable

JOEL FUTTERMAN MOMENTS Compact Discs $15.25 0 Unavailable

BROTZMANN,PETER & GUEST DARE DEVIL Compact Discs $18.50 0 Unavailable

4TET TONARTSTRING 4 + 1 Compact Discs $13.25 1 Invoiced

EVAN PARKER BROT & HONIG Compact Discs $13.25 1 Invoiced

MALCOLM GOLDSTEIN MONSUN Compact Discs $13.25 1 Invoiced

RAJESH MEHTA INNOVATIVE MUSIC MEET Compact Discs $13.25 1 Invoiced

RAJESH MEHTA WINDOW SHOPPING Compact Discs $13.25 1 Invoiced

VLATKO KUCAN LIVE AT PALO Compact Discs $13.25 1 Invoiced

Actually, a pretty good success rate, I'd say.

Prices are also very good.

PATIENCE grasshopper. A watched pot never boils. :eye::eye:

Anybody have a good experience with The Music Resource?  I placed an order on December 27 and my order is still listed as "incomplete."  I emailed customer service a few days ago and never got a reply.  <_<

December 27? Ya little whiner! Us REAL men wait WEEKS to get our orders from The Music Resource. B)

Unfortunately, my experience with The Music Resource wasn't much better. The order that I placed on Nov 6, for five CD's that were all "in stock", finally arrived more than three weeks later.

I think I'm just spoiled by the standard set by Amazon, Buy.com, etc., where you order something and it arrives within a few days. As much as I *want* to like The Music Resource (IIRC, doesn't Jamey Aebersold have something to do with this company?), the time it takes for stuff to arrive is just unacceptable.

After seeing many good recommendations, I just ordered a bunch of discs from CDUniverse yesterday. Prices were quite good, and I'm hoping to get this sometime before February!! ;):lol:

I've used them several times without any problems. I'm in the same state as they are, maybe that's why I get them a little quicker ^_^ ....but really, I haven't had any issues to date with them but it appears many have, too bad as they have decent prices! That said, I've had great service with CD Universe.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...