Does one's # of posts reset after a certain amount of time?

webbcity

I've been a member here since 2004, and I haven't posted a whole lot, but definitely a lot more than 26 times. I've had long periods of inactivity though...does a person's post count reset to zero or something if they are not active for a while? Just curious.

I've been a member here since 2004, and I haven't posted a whole lot, but definitely a lot more than 26 times. I've had long periods of inactivity though...does a person's post count reset to zero or something if they are not active for a while? Just curious.

There was some sort of server/database problem a few years ago that resulted everyone's post count being lessened. Your smaller tally is likely related to that.

There was some sort of server/database problem a few years ago that resulted everyone's post count being lessened. Your smaller tally is likely related to that.

Gotcha. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

Because we had a database mess-up (caused inadvertently by your's truly) and lost some content.

I just recounted everyone's posts. I couldn't find a way to just do an individual's. Some of you may have less posts because posts that have been deleted were not counted.

Ah, so that's why my post count suddenly seemed to go down by about 1,000. I just noticed. No big deal, really...