Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
colinmce

Great deals on box sets on ebay

7 posts in this topic

If you don't already have it get the "Jazz Scene" 2 CD set. Great music. Carney, Bird, Hawkins (Picasso) various modern big bands etc. Beautiful replica of collectors item from the 40's.

Remco

If you don't already have it get the "Jazz Scene" 2 CD set. Great music. Carney, Bird, Hawkins (Picasso) various modern big bands etc. Beautiful replica of collectors item from the 40's.

Remco

:tup

wholeheartedly agree - picked up my copy a few months ago; excellent sound restoration & lots of unreleased material (or stuff that was only released on 78's or 10" LP's

Edited by romualdo

Remco

Thanks for the tip - just bought it. Have been looking for this gem for a long while. Always kicked myself for not buying it 'back in the day'.

Yeah, that’s sure a good set. I think I got mine on eBay about 2-3 years ago for about $65, and managed to pick it up in person (from Euclid Records) when I was visiting my dad in St Louis a couple weeks later (so no shipping charge).

And I later saw sets going for about $70-$80 on eBay a few times after that — so $55 is even a little under the going rate these days.

Wonderful music throughout, not a weak disc in the whole set.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

3 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Wonderful music throughout, not a weak disc in the whole set.

Definitely a great set