Album Covers with Gratuitous Punctuation

Spontooneous

Okay, I'm not into all the album cover threads as much as a lot of the folks here, but this one spoke to me right away.

61ocHLGc81L.jpg

This is actually a pretty good album, but lordy, the punctuation! Besides the semi-ridiculous contraction of "New Orleans," it has an arbitrary comma and an example of the dreaded extraneous plural apostrophe.

Spontooneous, I couldn't see your last two images.

Okay, I'm not into all the album cover threads as much as a lot of the folks here, but this one spoke to me right away.

61ocHLGc81L.jpg

This is actually a pretty good album, but lordy, the punctuation! Besides the semi-ridiculous contraction of "New Orleans," it has an arbitrary comma and an example of the dreaded extraneous plural apostrophe.

I guess they spent so much on graphic design that they couldn't afford a proofreader.

61ocHLGc81L.jpg

I guess they spent so much on graphic design that they couldn't afford a proofreader.

Love that N'Orleans cover, Jeff! My favorite detail is "Battle Hymn-Republic." But they blew the opportunity for "Closer Walk w/Thee" and "My Hat, Cane."

I'll try to fix those two missing images in a bit.

61ocHLGc81L.jpg

Love that N'Orleans cover, Jeff! My favorite detail is "Battle Hymn-Republic." But they blew the opportunity for "Closer Walk w/Thee" and "My Hat, Cane."

I'll try to fix those two missing images in a bit.

Man, Jeff, that is an amazing cover! I would love to have that in my collection.