NBA 2012 -- 2013

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KG's act is getting old

He talks shit and gets a reaction and then acts like he's innocent

IIRC, Sports Illustrated did a poll of NBA players and KG was also voted the dirtiest player. After I saw that poll, I started to watch him more carefully and he does a lot of stuff that doesn't get called, elbows, locking up arms, stepping on feet, etc, much more so than other players.

• 2 weeks later...

name='Matthew' timestamp='1359018668' post='1252914']

Lakers stink.... thought you guys would like to know. Worse Lakers team that I can remember, that D'Antoni hire is really working well. <_<

Yes, somewhere Mike Brown is hanging out, watching his kids play hoops with a large smile on his face.

This article is a great breakdown of all the Lakers' woes.

Quote of the article:

Here's a good rule of thumb: If you're a professional basketball coach and your system is telling you, "I should play Earl Clark more than Pau Gasol," you need a new system.

Amen!

This one is money also:

Guess what? If those are your weaknesses, you shouldn't be playing at the second-fastest pace in the league (which is what they're doing right now). The Lakers should be playing at such a slow pace, we should be having 'Nam-like flashbacks to Mike Fratello's excruciating Cavaliers teams. Instead, they swung the other way because I'M MIKE D'ANTONI AND THIS IS HOW I COACH BASKETBALL! It's seriously one of the dumbest things I've ever watched. I hate the Lakers and even I'm offended by this — purely as a basketball fan, it's insulting to watch good players being criminally misused like this.

Yes, a million times yes on this...

Edited by Matthew

Somewhere on Espn Kobe is quoted as saying it is time for more post-up basketball and to slow down the pace. Not a big Kobe fan, but it will be interesting if His Poutiness gets D'Antoni fired. For sure it was a horrible decision to hire him in the first place, which basically every person who knows anything about basketball knew at the time. Just a stupid, get-a-name-coach-at-any-price kind of decision that the Knicks are better known for. Doesn't even make sense, since no one goes to games or buys team merchandise based on the coach.

• 2 weeks later...

Shit

The Mamba will be the last man standing on the Fakers......

Any team missed more games with injuries?

Not that it matters

Minnesota was looking promising before the season started. Then Kevin Love decided to do fancy push ups and broke his hand. Rubio was already out to start the season. Brandon Roy of course was beat up to begin and lasted all of 5 games. Love came back for 20 games but was shooting horribly due to the hand which he either broke again or it never was properly healed (I'm not sure which). So much for being a playoff team. Of course Minnesota doesn't make news like LA. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like a golf ball was implanted in the Mamba's ankle.,,

I doubt he'll miss any work...

I hope he doesn't miss much, or only games that LAL have no chance to win. Lakers need to make playoffs so that their first round pick goes to Cleveland in exchange for the Cavs' Miami pick (figure to be about 30th). Otherwise Laker pick goes to PHX. Utah's fall in the standings has helped this possibility immensely.