Organissimo Football Pool 2013

vajerzy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of sounding like a party-pooper (and, yes, I know, it's only a game for bragging rights), I think that, going forward, if someone fails to make a pick for a game before the deadline, then it is assumed that he/she would have picked the favored team. In the rare event that neither team is favored in a game, then you are simply out of luck if you fail to pick a winner beforehand.

I do not think that this is a radical suggestion, and I think that, in just about every instance, those who have forgotten to pick a winner of a game have requested leniency to submit a late pick for the team that was favored.

Does anyone object to my suggestion? (This is NOT meant to be some sort of jab at ANYONE who failed to submit a pick for any particular contest.)

That's fine to me- and if someone tells me who they picked after the the game started, I'll put it in. There's no money or prize involved so I hope that's ok with everyone.

Aggie sent me his picks for the Thursday games a few days ago- he didn't have internet or cell service where he had Thanksgiving- I just put them in.

Well, no, I'm sorry, but I think that if you try to submit a pick for a game AFTER the game has started, then you have missed the cut-off and you are stuck with the team that is favored for that game. I really do not think that that is harsh at all. Hell, I tend to make my picks on Tuesday night - I have until Sunday morning to change my mind (for almost all of the games).

Edited by Edward

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to do a postseason pool?

I've got a 100 point pool

You'll need the wildcard winners and Super Bowl winner and Super Bowl loser picks in before games start this week

My predications are as follow:

Wild Card Weekend:

Green Bay over SF

New Orleans over Philly

San Diego over Cincy

Indy over KC

Conference Semi-Finals:

Green Bay over Carolina

Seattle over New Orleans

Denver over San Diego

New England over Indy

Conference Finals:

Seattle over Green Bay

Denver over New England

Super Bowl:

Denver over Seattle

Edited by Edward

Congratulations Edward!! Great job on finishing out- you were red-hot the last month!

Thanks! When you were up four games on me (and at least five games on everybody else) after Week 2, I thought that you were going to run away with it this year. Week 14 really was the key week for me.

All in all, though, I'd much rather the Packers fare better in the playoffs.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...