Don't/Only Watch This If You Are High

JSngry

Only saw this once before, on local TV ca. 1978, at about 6:17 AM, as filler for when the late shows ran short. It would never happen today. The circumstances were too surreal to go into now, but as surreal as this? About that, I dare/care not to speculate.

But Duke Ellington? The literalist approach does not apply except in the world of a severly stunted madman. This cat...good luck on ever figuring all of that out. Ever.

Whoa, thanks for posting. That was intensely surreal, the red curtain made it kind of Twin Peaks-ish...

Anyone know what the tune was starting at around the 5 minute mark (the one that gets the grumpy guy dancing) and whether it appears on an Ellington album? Many thanks.

Whoa, thanks for posting. That was intensely surreal, the red curtain made it kind of Twin Peaks-ish...

Anyone know what the tune was starting at around the 5 minute mark (the one that gets the grumpy guy dancing) and whether it appears on an Ellington album? Many thanks.

That tune is called "Dancers In Love". It was part of the original "Perfume Suite" it appears on a number of live albums.

That tune is called "Dancers In Love". It was part of the original "Perfume Suite" it appears on a number of live albums.

Thanks Duane! I'll do a proper search when i get home but a quick online search shows that i at least have it in my collection on the Piano Reflections album and the Black, Brown and Beige 3 CD set:

41AFRKABNZL._SX300_.jpg51R7Xhrv%2BTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg