Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barnaba.siegel

Larry Coryell 3CD live box "Aurora Coryellis"

6 posts in this topic

It looks pretty neat - 1CD from 1972 and very underrated "Offering" period (I hope Steve Marcus is there), 1CD from solo gig in 1976 and last, and well, least, from 2012.

Label is Cleopatra Records/Purple Pyramid, release date: 27.07 for US, 21.08 for EU

http://www.amazon.com/Aurora-Coryellis-Larry-Coryell/dp/B00YOA7N48

The 1975 show by Most Promising Music from last year was also great, though not perfect technically. I've listened to many Coryell's concerts from 70s and its a great stuff, the same league as Mahavishnu or RTF. Larry deserves wider recognition of his jazz-rock period.

That "Offering" period to me was far ane away my favorite period.   So glad he stopped "singing".

I saw the Offering band in Boston in the summer of '72.  Steve Marcus was always one of my favorites, and I really enjoyed it.

Amazon says show is from 2002. I like Dragon Gate and saw him play it and sign my cd. A very nice artist!

Larry wasn't singing on "Offering", it was "The Real Great Escape". And few previous. I don't have any bootlegs from 1972, but I believe it's purely instrumental playing. In fact "Offering" is one of his best LP's for me, hardcore spiritual jazz-rock playing.

A pity Steve Marcus didn't play with Eleventh House, it could be a real dynamite.

Edited by barnaba.siegel