Jump to content

barnaba.siegel

Members
  • Posts

    119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    https://www.facebook.com/theseventiesjazz/

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Warsaw, Poland

Recent Profile Visitors

4,068 profile views

barnaba.siegel's Achievements

  1. This was released officially by Cuneiform in 2015 as "Live in Switzerland" (CD+DVD)
  2. Damn, the design looked familliar to Hat Hut and ezz-thetics, but I wouldn't have thought it's fishy here and there. Thanks for the link, I guess it's all clear know and best thing is to avoid this label.
  3. I've just found on SoundOhm a strange "Emergency!" reissue by Tony Williams. Then I discovered this label called AlAy, that have several reissues with different covers, and some got a statement, that music has been "restored". https://www.alay.ch/ Anyone have contact with those albums? Are they really restored/remastered in an interesting way? Got any booklets?
  4. So cool to see Patrice Rushen and Eddie Henderson on board. Can't wait to hear more!
  5. Nice find. Moosicus is a sublabel of MiG Music, solid German label known for new releases, re-releases and archival releases. Still, it's so disappointing, that it's not an RTF recording. Such and incredible group and after all those years we've got hardly any live recording...
  6. There is a full version now:
  7. Still, I liked his language. For ex. the Paul Tingen "Miles Beyond" is much more academic, Freeman was good at converting feelings into descriptions really matching the music. But obviously all of this needs to be filtered with with something... more "fact-oriented".
  8. Owsley Stanley Foundation, which stands behind the legendary Bear Sonic Journal series, announced that have tapes from Miles Davis' performance at the Fillmore West on April 12, 1970 - the gig two days after "Black Beauty" recording. And that they want to release it on CD. Judging from the post and the comments it's not confirmed yet, but, God, I hope it will see the daylight! https://www.facebook.com/OwsleyStanleyFoundation/posts/pfbid02vTTrdYZCNoad3LKPDzdMyNgbxLCnhiqfWF586FMXip5rgyiNxDADE4DDeQ93LUYtl
  9. French label is going to release a Larry Coryell live gig from 1976. I'm not sure, what is it gonna be like, but the track list suggests we will have 3 acoustic tracks (I guess duets, as there is another guitar player in credits) and the rest is the final incarnation of Eleventh House. We've got only vague samples, one below on YouTube, and a peculiar one on Facebook, where someone is struggling with taking off the seal (also it looks like the vinyl jacket is pretty thin). No CD announced, sadly. Previously unreleased, this incandescent live performance by Larry Coryell, recorded on July 24, 1976, at the Riviera '76 on the Paul Ricard circuit at Le Castellet – a legendary Formula 1 Grand Prix venue – has resurfaced from the INA archives. Conceived by Michael Lang (co-founder of Woodstock), the festival aimed high. Coryell unleashed a dizzying fusion of Hendrix and Coltrane. Smoky amps, mystical tension, collective trance. Fully remastered, this rare document captures the raw power of a timeless moment. CRYSTAL CLEAR VINYL, LIMITED TO 3,000 COPIES WORLDWIDE. https://www.facebook.com/reel/824860567051044/
  10. Anybody bought this? I guess it's a typical Cherry Red quality, but I'd like to hear what's the quality of BBC sessions and learn something about the booklet. Anyone?
  11. Whats wrong with Zev?
  12. I'm wondering how the master-transfer will sound like. On Porter Records anthology "The Complete Recordings vol. 1" it's a bit mushy and distorted here and there.
  13. Any idea if those tracks are actual recordings from Middle Earth, or rather studio music "from the era"?
  14. Yeah. Also - he did mention in his autobiography that he was jealous of the popularity and commercial success, which his former musicians gained. Minnie and Songs of Landa sounds a bit like searching for something up-to-date-ish and laid-back.
  15. Morrison was also featured on this weird 4rd entry of Bootleg Series, "At Newport 1955-1975". On CD3 there is a live version of "Mtume" from New York, July 1st, 1975. Minnie is interesting, the softest of all tracks from 70's Miles discography. For me, it's a closure of the 1969-1975 era, showing new direction, that could be clearly heard on the bootleg with 1975-1976 session. And speaking about Morrison, on that sessions there are few takes of "Songs of Landa", another easy piece, and it was co-written by Miles and Sam! I've got mixed feelings toward this stuff. Part of me would like all of it to be officially released and professionally described, the other part thinks it's too trivial for Miles, it feels too much like some of his colleagues that turned commercial in the latter part of 70's. Although maybe this anticipated a bit more easy-going, groovy pieces like "Jean-Pierre"? Anyways... I keep my fingers crossed for any 1971-1975 live box 😁
×
×
  • Create New...