Ric Colbeck: The Sun Is Coming Up

Late

The entire series is out, I assume, *except* for the Colbeck, which was pulled ... I got a shipping confirmation for my SME order a few minutes after my previous post, and then went on to order the McNair and Shaw discs - spending way too much again on CDs lately.

But as this is the thread with discussion of the entire series, while the SME thread is only two or three posts short (actually the last one by me, linking to this thread - before the news got out that the Colbeck was pulled), I thought it makes more sense to bring this one back up. Someone could likely change the title (without deleting the entire thread, preferably ;) )

On January 11, 2016 at 8:25 AM, clifford_thornton said:

Will get the Harold McNair and perhaps the Gene Shaw; have everything else I need.

$31.99 each at Dusty Groove. Need to find better pricing.

Even more expensive at Amazon + out of stock.

Yikes!!

Edited by jlhoots

On 18.5.2016 at 3:29 PM, clifford_thornton said:

The Prestige title threw me, though evidently it's not coming out. Were Universal Japan licensing some Concord titles? It's all so bizarre.

In Europe, Universal is distributing Concord ... all those cheapo "Prestige Albums", "Riverside Albums" etc. sets are produced by Universal Italy. Not sure how that looks in Japan though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just giving the new "Karyobin" it's first spin - great to finally have it in a proper edition!

Guess the second parcel (with the Shaw and McNair) will arrive in the next days, too (the SME package should also have contained the Colbeck, but I was too late in reconfiguring the order, adding another item or two to it).