Running low / Last chance

Alfred

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BERIGAN - I take you have no cats? Or at least lock the door to this room with the sets open and vulnerable???

Cats? We don't need no stinkin' cats.

billyboy - That tiny little bit of hairy leg in the bottom corner should have been cropped out!

Sexy, sexy!! :wub:

AfricaBrass - Congratulations Wes! I hope I get my sets before this weekend.

Thanks, man. I hope you find your new Mosaics as enjoyable as I found mine to be. Lots to listen to over the weekend. You ordered the T/K/M too, correct?

Edited by wesbed

Yes, I ordered the T/K/M. I had to do it.

My wife is going to be out of town on Friday and Saturday and I'm on parenting duty, so this would be a great opportunity to help develop my 2 1/2 year old son's musical tastes.  :P

That's cool. Start em' young! I've been working on my nephew for the last couple of years. He's now a big Slim Gaillard ( :wacko: ), and Brian Setzer fan. When ever we watch the Brian Setzer Live In Japan DVD he literally stands in front of the big screen and directs the band. Also, he knows every single lyric on the entire DVD. Pretty good for 3 year old. It's obvious that he genuinely enjoys music which makes me very happy.

Louis Jordan is next!

The T/K/M is everything that it's purported to be and more. Enjoy!

Thanks Sundog! That's great about your nephew.

I need to pick up that Brian Setzer DVD. My son loves watching live music. He pretends he's playing the drums. I've already given him three of my guitars. I have them hanging up so he can look at them and be inspired to play. :D I'll hold the chords down and he strums (in time!).

I'll have to pull out the Slim and Slam CDs this weekend. My son already loves those old Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant albums, so this could be something new.

:rsmile:

just got my T/K/M set and what a bad surprise....disc III is missing....

i´m waiting now for a reply from Mosaic customer service.

this is so frustrating.... :(

Marcus Oliveira

I hate it when stuff like this happens. Especially with Mosaic. As a customer, you don't need the frustration. As a business, Mosaic doesn't need the frustration/expense either.

I've always had very good service from Mosaic. However, I received two Mosaic sets yesterday and I've not opened all the disks in either set. Your note is a good reminder to remove all the shrink wrap to make certain all the disks are present.

the worst thing is that i had a premonition before unsealing the package....

i thought with myself "and if one disc is missing?"

now i know the answer....

One of the discs in my Capitol set had a minor error, a one second distortion, or something. I wrote them a mail about a year after I ordered it (that's how long it took me to get to that disc, 9 it was, I believe), and they sent me a replacement within a week, it went fast. But they did not even reply to my mail, just sent that disc.

Marcus, you could always get a burn from one of us, in the worst case.

ubu

just got my T/K/M set and what a bad surprise....disc III is missing....

Marcus Oliveira

Hey, you think that was a surprise??...just wait 'till you see what's missing from... :w:g

The cats out of the bag. Weizen is now in charge of Quality Control at Mosaic and his assistants are Dr Achtung and the Mad Russian!

To those who recommended I purchase the Tristano/Konitz/Marsh box before it went away... This is a TERRIFIC set. I can't get enough of it. I've not been this captivated by a Mosaic set, I don't believe, ever.

Every Mosaic box has its moments. I played the Hank Mobley and the Bud Shank numerous times. The T/K/M just keeps going and going on my stereo every night. The playing is good, the choice of songs is good. There is something very interesting about the entire set. I can't explain it, exactly.

Again, thanks for the recommendations. Now, I can recommend to anybody who doesn't already have this set... GET IT BEFORE IT GOES THE WAY OF OOP.

I pulled the trigger as well; it shipped today. Can't wait. :w

I also snagged a box and booklet for the oop Woody Shaw set. I managed to acquire a set without these. I'm sure having them will open up this set for me even more. I already enjoy it a lot, but knowing more will help.

I also grabbed "Poetry" by Stan Getz & Albert Dailey. I had heard some tracks from this on the Blue Note radio and really like what I was hearing.

I'll be racing home this week! :excited::excited::excited:

:w

Can anyone provide a 'last chance' status report on the T/K/M set?

My guess is that Mosaic is counting down the last 100 copies.

If so, then this would mean about 4,500 copies were sold of a 7,500

limited ceiling, or about 60%.

If only the Coen brothers had used this music as a soundtrack source for

'Oh Lennie, Where Art Thou', the full run woulda sold out in 5 days.

But don't get me started.

At least Ralph Stanley's no longer stuck playing rural county fairs.

Can anyone provide a 'last chance' status report on the T/K/M set?

My guess is that Mosaic is counting down the last 100 copies.

Thanks a lot, Bill...that was enough to make me spew my coffee last night and fire off an order...that fence was getting mighty rough on the backside!

Thanks a lot, Bill...that was enough to make me spew my coffee last night and fire off an order...that fence was getting mighty rough on the backside!

Moose:

You'll like the T/K/M. I've been playing mine, nightly, since it arrived at my house.

Edited by wesbed

My birthday was a few days ago, and I got some money as a present. Tristano and Konitz are to tell the truth not really my cup of tea, but reading this thread I did become convinced not just that the music could well appeal to me but also that I would live to regret not sending off for a set.

And so I did. With luck it might even arrive before Easter.

Edited by andersf

My birthday was a few days ago, and I got some money as a present. Tristano and Konitz are to tell the truth not really my cup of tea, but reading this thread I did become convinced not just that the music could well appeal to me but also that I would live to regret not sending off for a set.

And so I did. With luck it might even arrive before Easter.

Happy belated birthday! :party::party:

One nice thing about buying the T/K/M set right now, is if you don't like it, you can sell it for a lot more than you paid for it. THEN, you can buy some sets you really like. :D