JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

39,665 posts in this topic

One more tune before a late night walk with the dog and bedtime:

 

R-8125829-1517281776-4954-jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, erwbol said:

One more tune before a late night walk with the dog and bedtime:

 

R-8125829-1517281776-4954-jpeg.jpg

👍Gordon classic👍 ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for mulgrew miller live at the kennedy center vol.2

Image result for lage lund idlewild

Image result for don byron aruan ortiz random dances

Edited by kinuta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cover of Allegra Levy album Looking at the Moon

2nd listen to this. Really appealing vocal styings.:tup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BillF said:

R-8881103-1470698181-3670.jpeg.jpg

Nice one ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillF said:

R-8881103-1470698181-3670.jpeg.jpg

I don´t know the artist, but is "Theme of no repeat" the Tadd Dameron compositon  wrote for his 1953 Prestige session (The Atlantic City Band)....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

I don´t know the artist, but is "Theme of no repeat" the Tadd Dameron compositon  wrote for his 1953 Prestige session (The Atlantic City Band)....?

Yes, also on this album from that session is "Philly J J". I strongly recommend John Marshall who has made some beautiful albums which I'm sure you'd like.

MI0000586623.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

51n2IlMO75L._SX355_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mary Lou Williams - Asch Recordings 1944-47 (Folkways)
both discs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51mXHEOrvyL._SS500_.jpg

Andrew Cyrille & Maono - Metamusicians' Stomp (Black Saint, 1978)

Such a great record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

 

Andrew Cyrille & Maono - Metamusicians' Stomp (Black Saint, 1978)

Such a great record.

:tup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, erwbol said:

New arrival:

R-3734929-1488505658-1928-jpeg.jpg

Good one!  :tup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

51mXHEOrvyL._SS500_.jpg

Andrew Cyrille & Maono - Metamusicians' Stomp (Black Saint, 1978)

Such a great record.

👍Black Saint Classic👍 ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching/Listening to Sonny Rollins "In Vienne" a DVD of his 2006 Vienna appearance. Reminds me so much of a contemporaneous Rollins concert I saw in Texas. Great sound on this disc.

Sonny-Rollins-in-Vienne.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Good one!  :tup 

Yes. I was happy to find such a nice near mint copy for a reasonable price. The package was delayed for two weeks at a Parisian post office because of a strike, but that's very French, I suppose, like the concert and record label it was released on. ;) 

Now:

R-13523441-1555821119-1720-jpeg.jpg

Archie Shepp Lady Bird (Denon)

I bought this one last month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, erwbol said:

Yes. I was happy to find such a nice near mint copy for a reasonable price. The package was delayed for two weeks at a Parisian post office because of a strike, but that's very French, I suppose, like the concert and record label it was released on. ;) 

Now:

R-13523441-1555821119-1720-jpeg.jpg

Archie Shepp Lady Bird (Denon)

I bought this one last month.

One of these excellent but underappreciated Archie Shepp recordings for Denon ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soulpope said:

One of these excellent but underappreciated Archie Shepp recordings for Denon ....

Yes, and with Roy Haynes and Jaki Byard! Nice recording as well.

R-13523441-1555821119-5813-jpeg.jpg

The other one I have is Ballads for Trane from 1977, which is also pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.