JSngry

So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

40,740 posts in this topic

^my favorite Osby album by a wide margin (but I don't know all and haven't played it in a long time)

R-5735373-1496855516-2903.jpeg.jpg

Francy Boland - Flirt and Dream

Just now, Niko said:

^my favorite Osby album by a wide margin (but I don't know all and haven't played it in a long time)

Currently the only Greg Osby as leader I own. The two albums from Andrew Hill's second stint with Blue Note I play regularly.

for a while about 15 years ago, Osby had A LOT of material like this as free downloads on his homepage, don't think I still have that, but it was a great band... 

39 minutes ago, erwbol said:

Currently the only Greg Osby as leader I own. The two albums from Andrew Hill's second stint with Blue Note I play regularly.

2Q==2Q==51Vm3T22PgL._SL1000_.jpg

I highly recommend Inner Circle from Osby's Blue Note years.  It is my favorite and probably would make my list of favorite albums from 2000-19.

R-3130545-1437648438-2765.jpeg.jpg

10 hours ago, Niko said:

R-5735373-1496855516-2903.jpeg.jpg

Francy Boland - Flirt and Dream

Boland a bit on the lightweight side - nice album though ....

it's definitely on the lightweight side, but for me it works almost perfectly... (what I also learned yesterday and really wouldn't have expected is that the cover photograph is by the legendary Chargesheimer, a contemporary of the musicians in late 60s Cologne)

16 minutes ago, Niko said:

it's definitely on the lightweight side, but for me it works almost perfectly... (what I also learned yesterday and really wouldn't have expected is that the cover photograph is by the legendary Chargesheimer, a contemporary of the musicians in late 60s Cologne)

Lovely album - I’ve got it on a SABA vinyl, which I will dig out today. Always liked the way Boland uses trombones in the backing.

That’s interesting concerning the cover photo - been a fan of that one too. 

1 hour ago, Niko said:

Didn't know about Chargesheimer .... thnx ....

New arrival:

R-12843950-1543050590-3154-jpeg.jpg

DarkMatterHalo Discernible Grid (Hardedge, link

A group consisting of sound designer Hardedge and guitarists Brandon Ross and Doug Wieselman.

R-6236924-1414434854-7331-jpeg.jpg

Hardedge / Graham Haynes Burned to the Water's Edge (Hardedge, link)

41l-ijjmg1L._SY400_.jpg

This CD has been one that, on paper, I should enjoy more than I do, but it is resonating more with me today.  I may eventually buy the download of the complete Blue Note recordings unless I can find the set for the right price.

a4235534517-10.jpg

Anthony Braxton Sextet (Istanbul) 1996 (Braxton House)

Glad to own this on CD (instead of digital files through Bandcamp). A sealed mint copy bought from the label's co-founder (Hardedge) on Discogs.

18 minutes ago, erwbol said:

i-img1200x900-1534386630x6vfj0577699.jpg

A beauty ....